Not working extruder stepper motor

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Not working extruder stepper motor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tor99
    Participant

Hello from Russia. Gathered according to your drawings CNC. Filled your firmware . Can’t run the extruder. He’s heating up. But the stepper motor does not twist. Rearranged and the engine and 8825 on the X-axis it works. Please tell me where to find the fault.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The extruder needs to be hot to extrude. The firmware has safety checks to avoid cold extrusion. I don’t know what the limit is, but if you heat it to 190C then it should extrude at that temperature.

tor99
    Participant

Heated to 220 With the engine not spinning

tor99
    Participant

The standard mk8 extruder

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Hmmm.

What commands are you using to try to move it?

I can’t think of another reason it could be a software issue. If you swapped the motor and 8825, then it must be a problem with the ramps or Arduino.

You could swap the pins of X and E0 in the firmware (pins_Ramps.h). Then test like that. If that moves X (which is connected to the E0) then it’s something in the software or your command. If it doesn’t, then it’s something broken in the Arduino or the ramps board.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.