Z-axis losing steps

This topic contains 35 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

What speeds are you trying to use for your z axis in the gcode? That was a major issue for most people.
    We had to fix both ESTLCAM and the Fusion post processor, you need to keep it under 8.4mm/s. It is not a step rate deal, it is an rpm issue.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have the screen set to 4mm/s (if I remember correctly), that is why I assume your gcode is set to fast.

Z axis problems? Software Updates

Dean
    Participant

I adjusted Vmax Z from 8 to 4 using the LCD controls and it’s made a world of difference. Looks like that problem is resolved. Now I can start testing using a router.

Thanks for speedy help!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Using the LCD? You should look through the link I posted and make sure you z rapids are correct, then you never have to worry.

Dean
    Participant

I definitely have more things to do. It’s all a big learning process for me right now. The quick change at least showed me that my HW is OK.

I’m also tinkering with a CNC 3.0 shield using GRBL. There really is a lot to learn, but it’s fun stuff.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have one of those but never ended up with a Uno so I have not tried it out. Let us know what you think of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.