Y Home Direction to Back Left

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Y Home Direction to Back Left

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

I want my homing direction to be back left. So i want to home Y to Ymax. instead of Ymin.

But when i change the home direction in marlin to 1, instead of -1, for y home direction, the endstops do not make the Y direction stop when homing.

Any ideas?

Im use to 3d printers and normal CNC machines where the home direction is back left, instead of front left.

BT
    Participant

If you use M119 what do you get for the YMax endstop?  IIRC, there is an option in the firmware to enable the YMax endstop, do you have it enabled?  You may have to uncomment that line, recompile and flash your board.

Chris
    Participant

All endstops  are enabled because im using dual endstops.

when doing M119, i only get X min, X2min, Ymin, Y2min, Zmin, Zmax endstops.

The firmware is not looking at Y min and Y2 min endstops when y homing is set to 1, only when it is set to -1, Its a firmware issue.

Ryan
    Keymaster

If you are using dual endstops I am not sure if this is possible. Standard home is closest left corner. Homing to Y max might be possible but you are going into uncharted territory. You will have to experiment.

Chris
    Participant

ive posted into marlin github with the error. As its actually an error in firmware, the endstops should update depending if you’re homing to max or min.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do you have a link, what was the fix?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.