Y flat part

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kd2018 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

After tearing down my 24×48 Lowrider2 I still see the issue the cnc has always had. I did loosen all of the vertical brace screws. The frame would still never lay flat. The front side sits about ⅛” too high. Either the Y plate or 3d printed parts are off. 20190605_085922

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am seeing some angled Z rails, or is it just a weird camera angle? The corners can be adjusted to change the angle of them. If the gap is equal all the way around they should be close, yours appear to be angled pretty good. Tighter at the top and wider at the bottom. The real check is to measure them top and bottom and make sure they are equal measurements, while not inserted into the plates.

David
    Participant

It is laying on the floor. The gap has always been on the one side only on both sides. The other side lays flat.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dgap

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

All 4 gaps should be fairly equal, but more importantly the rails should be equidistant on both ends when not in the Yplate.

David
    Participant

I had just temporarily mounted the new 5ft tubes.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I guess I am not understanding what you are asking?

David
    Participant

My Lowrider2 has never laid flat from day one.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am fairly certain the Z rail angles are the issue.

kd2018
    Participant

Here’s what I did: I turned the x rail assembly upside down. I slipped the z rails in and left the end pieces loose. Then I put the y assembly over the z rails and let the whole thing rest flat on the x assembly. The y plate and assembly squared everything up for me. Then I tightened the z rails corner screws bit by bit to get even pressure. Seems to have worked.

Also, I imagine if the tension in the y plate bearings isn’t even it could throw the z rails off line.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.