XY_C_Burly 3D print issue

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC XY_C_Burly 3D print issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Pensinger 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tim Ross
    Participant

Hi! I’ve been printing 3D files for MPCNC about 2-3 days and ran into an issue. The XY_C_Burly 3D file shows that it will take about 11 hours to print, but I keep getting this offset in the print. I’ve tried it twice. (I’m relatively new to 3D printing also). I’m using a Creality CR10S Pro, with Cura, and settings at “Normal” and 65% infil. The print appears normal in Cura (no offset appears). It also appears to be set at the correct level. I don’t want to spend 11 hours printing a defective part, so I’ve stopped the print twice. Advice appreciated. Pictures attached ./tim

Joseph
    Participant

Its more likely a printer issue that that specific file. To verify you could running another part to see if it occurs at the same Z height.

Check to make sure that your X and Y axis are smooth and not binding anywhere.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tim Ross
    Participant

Thanks. I’m printing other parts just fine. I will continue to print other parts and try this again later. At first I thought that the printer had just bound up on a stray piece of plastic, but it happened twice on the same part. Other parts are printing now and printing just fine. I may download the XY part again and try it again from the top.

Aaryn
    Participant

Every time I have seen this it was caused by the hardware in some way.

It could be caused by:

• A loose motor wire that is losing connection.
    • A wire or cable that is getting tangled or snagged during movement.
    • A physical obstruction that is blocking movement
    • The nozzle could be getting stuck on the printed part (especially if it is warping or curling.)
    • A power hiccup (brown out, loose power cable etc.)
    • A gremlin in the machine
    • A problem with top speed of the machine.  (This usually happens on long straight parts.  The printer can accelerate up to full speed and skip steps for several reasons.)

Sadly you just have to watch and see what happens when it does happen.  A video recording might help.  When you do try to print this piece again try rotating the piece and printing it slower.  Take note if it ever happens again what direction the offset is.  Is it always in the same direction?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Mike Pensinger
    Participant

Mine was from the x axis getting hung up on the wire harness.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.