X suddenly backwards

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

This is a new one.  Went to play with my mpcnc and the x axis is backwards.  Right is left, left is right, even homes the wrong direction.  If I click the reverse direction checkbox, that fixes the the left and right issue, but it still homes the wrong direction.  Haven’t made any changes, it’s actually been unplugged for a while, been using the lowrider.  Nothing has been changed hardware wise, the only thing that could change would be repetier, but I don’t think I’ve even updated that lately either.

Ryan
    Keymaster

HAHAHA got you. You were out working and I snuck in and flipped the connectors!

I have no idea how the heck that could possibly happen. Is the Z the other way as well?

Barry
    Participant

Nope, everything else is the right direction.  I’m going to pull the board out and flip the connector, see if that fixes it.  It’s weird though.  cnc.js does it as well, moves backwards, and homes the wrong direction.  Weird.

Barry
    Participant

Well, that fixed it for now.  That was weird.  Had to remove 6 screws just to get to the connector, so it’s not like anybody was screwing with it.  Not that I ever have anybody over to screw with it in the first place…

Ryan
    Keymaster

Alpha testing my, over the air updates.

It could have been the same person trying to save their sugar packet…most likely scenario in my opinion.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

Yea, that guy is an asshole.  I live in the country, we have enough bugs in the house.

Barry
    Participant

Well, so far so good!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Bamboo?!? How does it cut?

Barry
    Participant

Really well actually. I think the 80% stepover for the roughing passes is a little too big, maybe 75% would work better, it splinters along the grain at 80.  Kinda like oak.  The finishing pass is really smooth though.  I got the flip wrong, so I’m running another part, changed the work piece to a whole number this time, trying to cut .46mm is kinda dumb.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I still haven’t done any really two sided cuts where the second side actually mattered that much. I think I have to try it on a PCB, super accurate and a tool change involved. I mean I have a CNC biz…kinda gotta prove myself right?

Barry
    Participant

Ends up being a tool change and a flip!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Nice, it does look like it cuts a bit differently. I have to try some bamboo.

Barry
    Participant

IKEA, cutting board, stupid cheap!

Barry
    Participant

Top side with some actual detail!  Will make a second one tomorrow and print the connecting piece.

Barry
    Participant

Thread turned into a show off thread.  😂

Good part on the left.

Printed the connecting piece.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yes!!!

Barry
    Participant

Crap.  Messed up the flip again…

Barry
    Participant

The flip is kicking my ass!  Just got a beautiful top finished, flipped it to do the finish pass on the bottom, cuts through the center…   🙄

Ryan
    Keymaster

Noooooo, that sucks.

Bill
    Participant

A little Bondo will fix that right up…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

I stopped by Ikea and picked up a couple more cutting boards, so once I get some time I’ll redo the cam.  Right now I only have two holding tabs, I think three would be better.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.