Wiring the MPCNC

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ashley Owens
    Participant

I ordered the kit for the MPCNC. I am currently working on the wiring. I see where the pack comes with 4 end stops, however, I ordered the series kit. There were no printed parts on the list to mount the endstops and I am not sure if I am supposed to use them with this kit. Also if I am supposed to use them, how do I attach them and what is the correct way to wire them? Also, I am going to attach an image of my motherboard. Is the wiring here correct? I do not want to fry anything the first time I plug it in and I feel like things are missing.  Also what is this wire for 20190413_180838?

I have been working on it and still have some more to go. I made it a lot larger than the original and still have to add some braces. I will be putting the wires in braided covering and mounting to the board once everything is good.

Thank you!

Brian
    Participant

Unfortunately you cannot use 4 endstops with series wiring. you’d need parallel to control each motor independently

Never connect/disconnect your motors with USB/Main power connected to the board, this will fry it.

also, test your motors off the rails and use tape to make a flag to test the correct rotation in each axis. If it’s wrong then you’ll find out the hard way.

If the motor travels opposite of your input, you can reverse the connector physically or inverse in the software

That wire looks to be a random based on its key but if its a three position connector with two wires and an empty third then that’s an endstop wire.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Brian.

Ashley Owens
    Participant

Thank you, do you use any endstops with the series setup?

Brian
    Participant

none, the firmware here is configured for no endstop or dual axis endstop only afaik. Get some practice in without it and determine if you really need it or not. Main advantage with endstop is repeatability and tool changing.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ashley Owens
    Participant

Hopefully the last question, On the motherboard I should have x motor, y motor, z motor, power supply, and USB to a computer. Nothing else?

I ordered an LCD monitor, where will that plug in?

Ryan
    Keymaster

UltiMachine Control Boards

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.