Wiring for Dual End Stops

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Wiring for Dual End Stops

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m pretty new to all of this. I have the machine built and squared and have the Ramps 1.4 programmed. Before I wire it, I was wondering if I can run the steppers independently to the Ramps board and wire them individually like for Auto Square, but run it without the end stops. Basically I want to upgrade to the stops eventually but only want to make the harness once.

Any tips are appreciated.

James

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sure, just switch the logic for the endstops in the dual firmware or use jumpers on them to fake it until you are ready.

James
    Participant

Is there a place in the firmware where I can just link the two drivers together?

Edit: I just saw this on your site. ..

Plugging In The Steppers

Remapping of pins is used in the firmware to allow the use of all the control boards drivers. The unused extruder driver/s are used for the extra stepper/s.

It looks like I can just remap the pins in the standard firmware and not mess with the Auto Square firmware until I’m ready?

James

Ryan
    Keymaster

Or…just use the regular firmware until you are ready.

I don’t think I understand what you want. I read that as you wanted to use all 5 drivers so you didn’t have to run new wires, but you only want to use 3 like the standard firmware?

James
    Participant

Yes. I didn’t know how to phrase it. I’d like each driver to be run separately to each stepper, than just link 2 sets in the firmware. I am unsure of the best way to set it up.

James

Ryan
    Keymaster

That is exactly what the dual end stop firmware is.

James
    Participant

Cool. I will give it a shot. Thanks for the help.

James

James
    Participant

Also, I’m not sure if it’s just my computer, but the picture of the Ramps 1.4 that shows the connections for the end stops doesn’t show up.

James

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.