What to Order

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider What to Order

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Selig 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mark Selig
    Participant

If I were to order the

Low Rider CNC Bundle

Full Graphic Smart Controler, Big

I am printing my parts now on my 3d Printer, and will be cutting out the first set of pieces of flat stock this weekend, and picking up the pipe.

What else would I need to order in order to make the Low Rider 2 besides the Spindle/Router (Laser? or what not)

TJ
    Participant

You’ll need router bits, and I’d recommend the 1/8″collet.

In hindsight I wished I’d ordered the usb cable (a to b) and wire sleeves with the kit, because I ended up having to go out and buy those separately afterwards when Ryan offers them at a good price in his shop with combined shipping.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark Selig
    Participant

Is the Mini Rambo that is optional in the bundle the way to go?  Is that the best board?  I know nothing about the electronics part of the build

Ryan
    Keymaster

There are a few good videos that might clear things up for you. Some old guy coding, has made two versions now, and Teaching Tech has just started releasing a pretty good series. It might clear up some uncertainties.

Mark Selig
    Participant

Thank You.  I will review both and make a decision from there.

Mark Selig
    Participant

Parts Bundle with Mini Rambo, LCD Screen, Sleeve (a bunch), and a USB Cable Ordered.  About 60% done printing all my parts.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Packed, labeled ready for mail pickup…better print faster.

Mark Selig
    Participant

Thank You Ryan.  I am hoping to be done printing by then end of the weekend, or at least by this coming weekend when I will actually have time to work in it.

Amazing fast package and shipping.  Put order in and less than 10 minutes you reply on here and I get the confirmation in my E-Mail.  Outstanding service.  Thank you again.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You owe me one…..Two if my box gets there before you finish printing…It’s in the fine print.

Mark Selig
    Participant

I am on track to finishing the printing by the end of the night tomorrow night, but do not want to jinks anything.  I still have a ton to do including cleaning a spot to build the table for it.  Mind you I am going to get after that part in a fast manner.  I already have things to do with it once it is built and worked in.  My wife wants a ZENXY table for the livingroom, so I am going to work on one for Christmas for her.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I haven’t filled my Zen up since my move….I keep thinking I will get to an update but, things keep getting in the way. Hopefully I update it soon (I did actually glance at the CAD last night). My friends kids keep asking me about it, Now I need to add Jamie’s Joystick to it so they can Draw…I would be the coolest after that.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Mark Selig
    Participant

Well if you need anything out of a CAD System let me know how I can help.  I sit in front of Autocad all day every day as my day job, and when I get home I do stuff in it for side work, and for fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.