WaveShare 7in LCD display

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic WaveShare 7in LCD display

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rsetterlund
    Participant

I am in the process of building my MPCNC and now I am investigating options for electronics.  I would like to stay with industry standards.  On the Facebook page for Dremel CNC builder, there is an article about using the WaveShare 7 inch LCD TFT display.  I am wondering if anyone has tried this with the MPCNC?  Can this display be used with the controllers that V1Engineering is selling?  Would like advise and information on how to accomplish this.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It won’t work directly with the ramps or rambos. It needs an hdmi input. You would need to connect it to a computer (or a pi) and then run something interesting on it. It is not for the feint of heart.

1 user thanked author for this post.

rsetterlund
    Participant

So, if I connect the WaveShare to a Rasberry pi board and then connect the pi board to a rambos I could use this as the display to control the CNC router’s rambos?

Guffy
    Participant

theoretically – yes.
    practically – not so easy. I had tried  this pair – 7′ 1024×600 display with touch screen + raspberry pi 3. I was disappointed. Main UI of cncjs is not fit to this resolution.  And i realized that I don’t like simplified ui that cncjs has.
    honestly i thunk that control local cnc by web ui on same device is an overkill. but there is no rich choice of more efficient cnc control host software that are ready to use on arm linux.

Barry
    Participant

Someone needs to get their router running on a duet with a paneldue display.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.