Wasps vs. Robots

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Wasps vs. Robots

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I decided to drive my car without the wasp spray around and see if there were any more footballs under my porch, and just to take a look at the first nest. I had a sneaking suspicion something was up because I didn’t see any wasp activity this week.

Sure enough something decided it was big enough for lunch.

IMG_20190823_093321

IMG_20190823_093445

So I’m not going to need the wasp spray. I am still going to keep working on fpving my rc cars. This is bringing a new element to them and it’s really interesting. The only trouble is, if they every get stuck under the porch. Someone has to go get them…

David Walling
    Participant

I’ve started looking at Ardu-rover.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Something actually eats them!? Dude your yard is nightmare fuel for sure…

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Something actually eats them!? Dude your yard is nightmare fuel for sure…

My kids aren’t scared, Ryan…

We have racoons, snakes, skunks, squirrels, foxes, and up the hill a bit, bears and mountain lions. I’m guessing it was a racoon.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’m a sissy with bugs and animals…or in general.

Dang eating them can not be fun, I can only imagine a few make it out and attack like crazy.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I would guess the tastiest part are the grubs or larvae or eggs or whatever. I wonder if there are species where the venom doesn’t affect them so it’s more like a couple of tiny pin pricks. IDK.

Bill
    Participant

Here’s the quote I found:

From small mice to large bears, other creatures that eat wasps are mainly interested in the larvae rather than the adults. The exception is bats, who will eat flying adults. Mice and rats, skunks, raccoons, weasels, badgers and wolverines are all brave enough to occasionally attack a wasp nest in order to eat the larvae inside. Humans have even been known to eat wasp larvae in certain parts of the world.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.