Wall Mounted MPCNC

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Wall Mounted MPCNC

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Wall mounting the MPCNC

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Good
  • Bad

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  MdO 3 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

I don’t have a ton of room in my garage, so I was toying with the idea of designing a wall mount for the machine. Has anyone tried this? I would guess that it would need to fold down from the wall to cut in the standard orientation because of the mass of the head..

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by  Mike.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I think you should just make it fit on a shelf, more than a folding version.

Guffy
    Participant

Mount two rails on side walls of your garage and build low rider for entire area 😉

Barry
    Participant

Mount two rails on side walls of your garage and build low rider for entire area 😉

Would need a broom attachment…  🤔

frosty
    Participant

Would need a broom attachment… 🤔

Why bother with a tool change? Let the dust-collection system take care of everything.

Stephen
    Participant

You might get some ideas from the Maslow System…. maslowcnc dot com. I think their frame takes up around 3 feet from wall, but not sure…

Barry
    Participant

The maslow is designed to be hung though.  The mpcnc isn’t.

Mike Pensinger
    Participant

If you were to mount it in a box on the wall so that the front of the box folded down and legs popped out to support it it would work.

You run into a problem with the height of the Z axis but in reality you could make it quick disconnect and pull it out to store the machine.

I say try it.

Stephen
    Participant

Yeah I was thinking about maybe getting ideas from the frame setup they use. Replacing their frame with a table that would lean out of the way when not in use….but that may be getting into the weeds too much…lol.

Joseph
    Participant

I’ve seen different versions of this idea used before with smaller CnCs
    Fold up XCarve Table

Stephen
    Participant

I like that Joseph….here is another one…   Folding table

Jethro
    Participant

The biggest issue with the Maslow is that the original wormgears are not available anymore, so to make it work, you have to partly “re-engineer” the build

I had ideas to hook up the motors on the concrete pillars on my porch. Super rigid frame, but scrapped the idea because of the motors, and the missing Z-axis. Didn’t check for a long time, but I think there were plans to implement a Z-axis too

MdO
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time writer,

I own a Maslow and am currently building a mpcnc. The accuracy on the maslow has improved significantly over the past few months (software updates). The Z-axis is implemented about a year ago.

The reason I  am building a MPCNC is that 2.5D CNC is not possible on the Maslow due to the sled and it is mainly suitable for larger projects. Other than that it is a fine machine.

Hope to post some pics soon of a working MPCNC.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.