V1Engineering Forum Dark Mode

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic V1Engineering Forum Dark Mode

This topic contains 42 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Heath
    Participant

I thought I replied previously, but I don’t see it…  Anyway, thank you both Tim and Jeffeb3!  I liked the original “Dark” theme, but the red links/text on the gray background was a strain on my eyes.  Jeffeb3’s “Darker” theme is much easier on my eyes.  The “blacker than the blackest black times infinity” theme may be a little too much, but I’ll gladly check it out too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Tim

Tim
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Are you going to keep the hot pink?

Tim
    Participant

Only if Heath says it hurts his eyes 😛

Ryan
    Keymaster

Screenshot inside a screenshot inside a screenshot.

Man, Divi has got to have a user switch for this. I know I can do A/B testing but this seems like someone should have made a plugin by now.

Tim
    Participant

Screenshot inside a screenshot inside a screenshot.

Man, Divi has got to have a user switch for this. I know I can do A/B testing but this seems like someone should have made a plugin by now.

You can try emailing their (Divi theme) support. I’ve done a bunch of wordpress sites and a lot of the times I found it easier to just email the developer, who was usually willing to help out for no additional cost.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-night-mode/ idk how this might or might not integrate with your forum plugin

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Tim.

Heath
    Participant

Only if Heath says it hurts his eyes 😛

Well, in that case it’s perfect and isn’t a strain at all!  LOL

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks Tim, I saw that plugin but it is a no go for Divi. So I checked over there and it seems Divi is having a bit of there own hiccups at the moment and tech support seems overwhelmed and the forums are a tad bit brutal. So I guess for now I will try and set the soon to be github instructions matching the themes you guys are working out and see if there are any complaints one way or the other then pick one and match both sides.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Ryan.

Bill
    Participant

I tried the twolf version for a while the last couple of days and really couldn’t live with the red text on a gray screen, so I’m back to white…

Tim
    Participant

I tried the twolf version for a while the last couple of days and really couldn’t live with the red text on a gray screen, so I’m back to white…

Jeffe’s is way easier on the eyes. I’m not that good with colors. lol.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Tim.

Tim
    Participant

https://pastebin.com/9jWU0Za6

Here is the file edited for the majority of the reply box to be black. Haven’t had more time to mess with the rest of it.

But it’s better than being a giant white box!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Sorry, I read this and meant to come back to it.

Did you make that part of your theme, or do you want me to make it part of the darker mode?

Tim
    Participant

You are more than welcome to add it. I added that bit of code to your darker mode theme.

and also added a regex for v1.com/members

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Tim.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.