Updated Center Parts

New Home Forum Updates Updated Center Parts

This topic contains 318 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  John 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Alright I changed the nesting levels and it stuck but the pagination isn’t sticking. I had to get me theme edited with a code snippet just to ge tthe breadcrumbs to work. I will look into it.

The login stays for me for 24 hours on both phone and computer, I am pretty sure I can’t change that though.

Walter
    Participant

You always see these YouTube vloggers commenting I all these different brands of high and low end 3d printers. and while I enjoy learning about what’s out there I always find myself laughing when they talk about how youre going to pay more for better quality…. When I got into this project I was just looking for something that could spit out large dirty prints for some one-off projects I was working on. now I’m devoted to pushing this 300 dollar multi-tool to its limits to show off how incredibly capable it actually is. and being able to throw a multi-part model on the bed all at once is a godsend. it may take longer, but the nature of this design means that even if you have a failed print (from clogging, warping, whatever), chances are your machine will not be affected. I’ve seen simple problems cause huge issues because they weren’t caught for hours on other printers. But this thing is totally capable of anything I can throw at it. I’d love to see 3d printing nerd or makers muze get a chance to put one of these to task. i came into this project with incredibly low expectations and I’ve had those met and exceeded 100fold. great work Ted, or Ryan, or whatever you call yourself…

Walter
    Participant

I made a tape dispenser froma model on thingiverse last night. big flat parts much too large to print on my printrbot play. and I was able to put all the parts on one bed and go to sleep.

Walter
    Participant

You could just disable the mobile site all together and it would probably load faster

Walter
    Participant

Slightly better now the column is only 3-4 letters instead of just one.

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks!

I was at the maker faire yesterday and it is kinda funny to see all these giant name printer brands there, all trying to say there printer is better than the others and there prices keep climbing (one of them told me their build volume sets them far above the competition, I almost laughed out loud). Look at there print tables any you could never pick one out of the crowd. The other thing that gets me is they are still making single function machines, why, no reason not to add a laser or laser option? I understand it takes time to change up production parts of mass produced machines but it has been years and all they seem to change it the case they put them in.

Side note http://www.vectric.com/ has a pretty good option for me to buy Bulk software and offer it with complete kits. There software would be the same price but I can give a discount on my complete bundle. I just have to buy the licenses in bulk 5-10 at a a time.

Walter
    Participant

this part ended up printing really well

Walter
    Participant

As lon as their software can handle cad to cam, and hopefully with a wysiwyg interface or at least the option to use one. im seriously thinking of building a whole separate machine and running it on grbl just so I can have the ease of punching go from easel. you shouldn’t have to have a doctorate to be able to produce decent milling.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Did you see the seemycnc one? The one that was 10 feet tall and used 3mm nozzle?

I also thought the gigmicro booth was cool. I could see doing that kind of photography with an mpcnc.

Also, I find the mobile forums pretty annoying. So much, I almost never use them. Without knowing anything about web development, or anything you are doing, I would think there would be some open source forum software that would work better, with less work from you. I will say a month or two ago, they got somewhat better.

Ryan
    Keymaster

EMC75
    Participant

Been working with the new center for over a week now and the only issue I have had is that the center became looser after a couple days of use.
    I had to tighten all the bolts to get the bearings to touch the pipe again. I don’t think it will go any tighter so I might reprint it at 99.5% in the future.

After this everything has been fine. Been doing mostly cuts in MDF, created a new t-slot and spoil board and so far it has been good.

Now I need to figure out a dust shoe as my garage is covered in dust. The old dust shoe no longer fits because of the new mount 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

All of the bearings lost contact? Is your conduit wearing out? Mine is still doing well and I haven’t even tightened the four 2.5″ bolts at all yet.

Ryan
    Keymaster

How was it for you with the old center? This one is the same dimensions other than I opened up the tension slots an extra 1.5mm, so really you should be able to tighten it up way more then the last one. You have me nervous, I am going to take this one apart to check for wear and I have a second set ready to build and make the instructions with.

I really do appreciate the input. I am in a bubble here and you beta testers really help more than you probably know. I much rather fix issues here than have to release updated parts on thingiverse, that is a clusterfu$k to deal with at that point.

EMC75
    Participant

I don’t think my conduit is wearing out. Not all the bearings lost contact, just a couple but enough to make it wobble if that makes sense.
    After I tightened all the screws things seem good again but I had to put some force to it. Don’t think it can go any further without breaking something.

When I first put things together it went in fine and it might be something with my setup only.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Quick update. I hope to release the parts to thingiverse soon, Hope to get a few more confirmations from the testers first.

I did find a minor error, so if you have not printed the parts I suggest you just wait for the Thingiverse release. Beta testers, I don’t think it is a big deal but one part was off by .1mm which threw other parts off by less, mostly in thickness so I doubt a .3mm thickness or less difference will actually change anything.

Jason
    Participant

I did not notice this in this thread, but is the height between the x and y axis rails the same as V1? aka could this center just be an upgrade to a V1 setup? or do the corners need to be replaced as well?

Ryan
    Keymaster

@jason Yes these are just updated parts, mix and match any way you want.

Jason
    Participant

Sweet. Hopefully I will have my RAMPS issues sorted out by the time you release them.

Henry
    Participant

As I haven’t quite started printing out these parts I’ll hold off for release now. I have a few more pieces of the rollers to finish.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Well guess who just released them!

Michael
    Participant

Who else :)).
    GREAT DESIGN. U r nr1.

Ryan
    Keymaster

High five!

nerdyrcdriver
    Participant

SWEET! New Z axis assembly instructions look awesome! Was a bit disappointed to see the new center ones aren’t up yet, but I totally understand how much work assembly instructions are especially when targeting people that haven’t built something like this before. Just today I had to help build two units of one of our new products that consists of about 600lbs of tubing and 100 bolts. The person helping me had built 4 before and made the assembly instructions and we still had to pull up the solidworks assembly and break it down to see how certain parts fit together. I’d post a link since it kinda goes together like the MPCNC using tubing and bolts but everything that makes it awesome is “patent pending” right now and my boss (the designer) is always paranoid about his ideas being taken.

I can’t wait to get my MPCNC back up and running to print the middle assembly! Now if only my current printer could actually produce a good updated corner block part.

Henry
    Participant

awesome just finished the roller parts. On to the center!!!

Gannicus
    Participant

Two questions about the updated Z axis. One, I assume if we’re using a rigid coupler in the old one, we can replace the pineapple coupler and continue to use the rigid coupler yes?

Also, the nut traps for the Z are the same? We don’t need to reprint those correct? And holes drilled into the Z axis for them are all still the same to reuse?

Looks great, gonna have to print those now.

Walter
    Participant

The new nut traps are slightly thicker but I think they are the same hole pattern, you will see when you go to install them if you need new ones. the pineapple coupler is much more versatile than the old rigid coupler and it replaces the thumb nut. plus it looks really cool!

Gannicus
    Participant

Walter, I mean an actual solid rigid coupler…like brass with set screws. Not 3D printed.

Jason
    Participant

Will the hardware list surface today for the new Center?

Walter
    Participant

I don’t see why not, but the new parts were all designed to fit together, so you may be fine. id just build it the way you want and if it doesn’t perform correctly then print the pineapple.

Ryan
    Keymaster

The nut traps are actually slightly different.
    Any coupler you want is fine, that is the beauty of the sandwich style z mount, but then you will need a way to adjust your z axis. the Pineapple is a coupler and knob all in one.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.