Trouble Flashing MiniRambo

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Trouble Flashing MiniRambo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nick
    Participant

I’m trying to flash the firmware on my miniRambo so that I can use the LCD smart controller I bought from the V1 site. When I click upload, I get this error message:

Arduino: 1.9.0-beta (Mac OS X), Board: “RAMBo”

fork/exec /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++: resource temporarily unavailable
    avr-g++: error: vfork: Operation timed out
    Error compiling for board RAMBo.

Can anyone help with this? I’m running Arduino 1.9 beta, I added the U8glib library, and it shows up in my “include libraries” menu. It shows I edited configuration.h to uncomment the line that says “#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER.” One thing I’ve noticed is that if I go to tools>get board info, it says “Native serial, can’t get board info.” Is that a problem?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am not familiar with that error or MAC so I am not too sure about a solution. Some MAC’s need the baud rate changed.

I am curious why you are changing the firmware, it should already have that edit if you are using mine.

Nick
    Participant

I tried plugging in the LCD and nothing came up. I didn’t know the firmware was already set up for the LCD. It turns out I had to flip the cables upside down. The screen works now. Thanks. I still can’t flash the board with my laptop, but I guess I don’t care.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Problem for another day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.