Time for a new shirt, suggestions

New Home Forum Updates Time for a new shirt, suggestions

Well?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Do it!
  • Nahhh, keep trying. Don't call us, we'll call you.
  • See my comment below for my suggestion.

This topic contains 72 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

“V1 Supreme” “V1 Thrasher”

Boooo!!!

Bill
    Participant

Also, maybe you should make a shirt with like 15 pockets. Just for Bill.

My sister makes t-shirts for her husband with three pockets in a row across the front, and he uses all of them. 🙂

Bill
    Participant

And here.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Pocket protector with my logo…tempting. Prusa puts gummy bears in his boxes, they don’t do anything but ruin pockets.

SomeOldGuyCoding
    Participant

V1Engineering;
    Bring some sawdust into your life.

Change how you work wood, plastic, and aluminum,
    V1Engineering

Build something
    useful,
    Amazing,
    Beautiful,
    Educational.
    V1Engineering.

Build Something
    V1Engineering

All your hobbies in one!
    V1Engineering!

Build the:
    MPCNC [Check Box]
    Lowrider [Check Box]
    ZenXY [Check Box]
    etc…
    V1Engineering.com

Just blathering (also works on a tee)

2 users thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

If it isn’t dirty, it isn’t done.

Or

It ain’t done until it’s dirty.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

If it isn’t dirty, it isn’t done.

Well, This is stuck in my head so I submitted it to fiverr last night to see if anything good comes out of it. Shirt coming your way if it does.

Barry
    Participant

Bowchickabowwow!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Okay, I still want to make a few of these shirts but I have a quick and easy idea.

Again be honest.

I try and welcome everyone with a “welcome to the crew” in there build posts….so how about official CREW shirts. Large bold on the back (small logo in on of the letters knocked out) and the regular logo small on the front?

Kinda like this

SECURITY-BLACK-SHIRTS-U-DESIGN-IT

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I would wear that in my garage, but I would be afraid someone would want me to solve a legitimate problem on the street. Maybe you could spell it wrong?

I’ve always wanted to be “Authorized Personnel”.

Security would be a red shirt, right? 😉

VOLUNTEER? OFFICIAL? ENGINEER?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Not “security”, same font but the word “crew” on the back, Little V1 logo on the front.

Ryan
    Keymaster

crew-men-s-t-shirt
    Maybe “V1 CREW”

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Ah, I see. Thumbs up.

Josh
    Participant

I like “Official Volunteer Engineer” or a top down view of the MPCNC carving out CREW

Josh
    Participant

Sorry about the picture of the computer screen, I’m currently brawling with electronics.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Is it weird that I want this screenshot on a shirt?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Electronics brawling heavyweight champion!

Ryan
    Keymaster

I like it. I will have to mess with some designs I guess.

Bill
    Participant

I’m just waiting… And I’ll have to figure out how to get the pocket added. 😉

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Not a T-Shirt idea, but I have something I want in my hand, right now! I’m working on a layout of my low rider control box, and I can never find my square.

A “Hella Square”. Have you seen the PCB rulers from digikey or adafruit? Ryan, you should make a V1 square, with measurements on each side, maybe even a triangle. Make it a PCB, get it red from one of the PCB shops. No need for any actual circuitry. Maybe in V2. Perfect is the enemy of good. Something in the <100mm size or so.

I want that.

For inspiration: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1554

Maybe it’s got holes for M3, M3.5, M4, and #6-32. If you made a huge one, you could put 23.5mm, 25mm, and 25.4mm. Haha.

What else? The series wiring diagram? gcode cheat sheet? G92 X0 Y0 Z0? MPCNC Size calculator?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

More inspiration: https://www.woodpeck.com/measuring/squares/6-carpenters-square-red-with-inch-graduations.html (Hopefully you can come in a bit under $80 for a PCB square).

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Since you’re busy with the holidays, maybe it’s some sort of forum submission or something? People can make graphics, submit in svg or something, and you can pick and choose what to add to the square? I trust you to get it right, but I also know you’re busy.

It would be awesome if it ended up being something you could carve/cut on an MPCNC…

Ryan
    Keymaster

It would be awesome if it ended up being something you could carve/cut on an MPCNC…

YESSSSSSSS, Yessss.

Public fusion 360 file, github svg? That would be too fun. Then a who’s square is most square.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Not fusion, please :). I was imagining you making a rough outline, and then people just posting svgs or dxfs right here in the forums. Then you select what you like and collect it all into a final design that could live anywhere. Presumably easyeda has a way to make different svgs or dxfs into top, bottom, it outline layers.

You’ll still make pcbs and sell them though right?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yes, no, Keep trying?

Back
    sdfg2

Front
    sdfg1

Attachments:

Kelly D
    Participant

Needs a few more characters to balance the logo. “Official Crew”, “Certified Crew”, “Build Crew”, “V1 Crew” might be enough but the V1 repeat might look bad.

Or maybe it’s the typeface used for the word “CREW”…..your logo and the typography within are as a whole a graphic unit. You can break from that typeface safely and it’ll look good. Try something bold or extra bold in a sans serif. Arial Black, Helvetica Black etc….

Aaron
    Participant

How about “Did you try the crown?” on the side or something… Just kidding

Barry
    Participant

How about “Did you try the crown?” on the side or something… Just kidding

Welp, gonna have to break out Gimp and Poser/Daz3d tonight now…  😉

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hmm, okay. I tried a few things and one had the logo embedded in the font but it didn’t work with my font. So I will go try the standard bold font typically used for “security, staff, crew” type shirts.

JMS
    Participant

V1 Engineering

MPCNC

It Will Carve.

Then use one of the plotter pics as a graphic.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.