The lazy way…..it seems to be habit

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Your Builds – MP3DP The lazy way…..it seems to be habit

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeremy lopez 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeremy lopez
    Participant

I just mostly finished my mpcnc. So I decided to test cut the frame and print this bad boy up. Except I forgot 2 of the back brackets. I really decided to transfer my anet a8 guts to this sweet setup. I’m super excited because it’s already way more ridged than my anet a8.#1 I won’t have to mess with firmware (just my off set in cura) #2 I’m lazy. I have 2 sets of printer parts left over from my hang printer v3. I really just don’t want to mess with firmware. It is my weakest part of this hobby.

Project #231 (30% complete)

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jamie
    Participant

That’s not lazy, it’s just time efficient.

And it makes me wonder, if one were to source motors and couplers and leadscrews and rods and linear bearings and a control board and all that, how would the total cost compare with just buying an Anet A8 and throwing away the frame?

Maybe cannibalizing the Anet A8 is also cost efficient.

Jeremy lopez
    Participant

BOOOO

my rod sizes are way off. i needed to extend the y clamps 11mm each so I could compensate to over all 22mm. Yay for modifications!

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeremy lopez
    Participant

I am getting closer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.