The Great Alaskan Lowrider

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider The Great Alaskan Lowrider

This topic contains 44 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cliffhanger 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

I thought Ryan’s low rider Marlin configuration included the magic config for keeping the motors on all the time.

For 6 minutes after the gcode ends.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

For 6 minutes after the gcode ends.

Ah. Mine are on when I start the machine (and they stay on). I like that, although I’m sure I’ve never waited 6 minutes after a move.

Cliffhanger
    Participant

Thanks, that all really helps. Stumbling through the dark but I see the light ahead.

Programmed tonight’s cut on lunch, going to take the plunge after work later. I found a cool whale lamp that I was able to fit onto 3 2×4 sheets of ply.

Thank you SO MUCH to this community, I am so insanely excited to get this going.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That looks great. I hope you post pics, and ask for help if you get any problems. That looks like a fun project.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Maybe we can scale it up and make it into a lounger!

Cliffhanger
    Participant

Rolling smooth from here. Did two 2 hour long cuts last night and they were both perfect. At one point I got my x axis unplugged but quick acting saved me from anything ruining it all and I was able to restart it just fine.

I definitely need to set up my dust and vacuum set up. standing there with the vac really got old after a while.

This is a really solid design. I’m so impressed with the quality so far, all of the cuts are consistent and there’s no movement or skew to the cuts at all. It’s very easy to use so far. Looking forward to making some 3d signs maybe soon. I think the belts are just tight enough, and i figure as long as i keep an eye of them, it shouldn’t change much if at all.

Going to cut a new 611 plate with the dust port. Using the version on thingiverse, hopefully that does what I need, seems like it will. I have read the concerns about suction though, so I might make a few tweaks.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Cliffhanger
    Participant

Duplicate post… oops.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Going to cut a new 611 plate with the dust port. Using the version on thingiverse, hopefully that does what I need, seems like it will.

If you add some channels between the dust port and the 611 circle, that would fix the suction. I’ve been meaning to do that to my plate.

Just 2-3 1/2″ wide channels, doesn’t even have to be very deep.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to see it done. the cuts look interesting already. Glad to hear it is all going well and making sense.

Cliffhanger
    Participant

Well, I have a couple projects under my belt with this model, time to upgrade to the V2. Ill be cutting out the sides and the new 611 plate tonight, and start the printing maybe on lunch. I have plenty of black filament, but wish I had a more interesting color.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Wow. That is some great work.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Awesome gallery of work. Makes me smile to see it for sure.

Wayne A Hogue
    Participant

Yo Cliffhanger!    Hello from fellow Alaskan.  Waving from Kotzebue.

Awesome build!   I plan to build one inside a shipping container this winter.

-Wayne

Barry
    Participant

Yo Cliffhanger! Hello from fellow Alaskan. Waving from Kotzebue.

Awesome build! I plan to build one inside a shipping container this winter.

-Wayne

Never made it out there!  You’ll definitely earn the title of farthest north MPCNC!

Cliffhanger
    Participant

Yo Cliffhanger! Hello from fellow Alaskan. Waving from Kotzebue.
    Awesome build! I plan to build one inside a shipping container this winter.
    -Wayne

Hey Wayne, thanks for the appreciation. Its been a lot of fun so far. Good luck with your build, now that the V2 is out, should be a good one. I went for a smaller table, and didn’t do a full size for 4 ft wide sheets, and I wish I had actually gone the whole width for that option. Going to upgrade mine here eventually, just getting used to actually enjoying this one before I tear it apart for the V2.

I’d like to get up north more and see the rest of AK. I’m here in Seward now, and barely make it even up to Anchorage these days. Looks nice up there, maybe some day I’ll make it that a way.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.