Tangential cutter in development

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC Tangential cutter in development

This topic contains 160 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  geodave 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The value is steps/unit and James used 1/10rad for his unit, at some point. I’m pretty sure that’s where that came from. The 103 doesn’t match with the E3600, so that’s a mistake in the TV page.

At least the stepper is stopping, so you can measure it. Something is still not making sense. Try the M92 command to change it:

http://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M092.html

You can retrieve the current setting with M503 and you can save them to eeprom with M500 (which isn’t needed for testing, just for power cycle).

So I would try:

G90
    G1 E1.0 F30
    M92 E8.88
    G1 E2.0 F30

That should try your current setting and then change it and try the second one (the second one should be incredibly small).

1 user thanked author for this post.

James Donnelly
    Participant

Hey, back from holidays.

I have just double checked also my eeprom setting, and I have 102.4 steps/mm for E, and G1 E360 does one full turn…honest.  I can’t explain it.

I agree with the formula of 200 * steps / 360 in theory.  I checked the spec of my E stepper: also 200 steps per revolution.    I don’t think I changed anything in the firmware other than the two lines you have to comment, but it really shouldn’t matter if I had.  Should be able to control this from eeprom and the driver jumpers only.  I have also checked the driver jumpers on mine.  DRV8825 with all jumpers, so 1/32 stepping.

Maybe in Maong’s case the firmware is not responding to the changes of E steps/mm in configuration.h, because it’s reading the value from eeprom.  I always make changes in eeprom. Either gcode or Alt+E in Repetier host.  Did you try Jeff’s suggestion?  I’m guessing if you start with an M500 it will show that the steps/mm for E is not what you are setting.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I have just double checked also my eeprom setting, and I have 102.4 steps/mm for E, and G1 E360 does one full turn…honest.  I can’t explain it.

What!?! That’s off by about a factor of 6 (5.76). This is very strange. Where could we be making a 6x mistake? 2pi? Sqrt(36)? This is going to bother me all day…

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Is it because it’s the extruder? Do you have some flow rate set?

maong
    Participant

Ho messo 3 ponticelli e 32 gradini ..

Ho eseguito il comando

G90
    G1 E1.0 F30
    M92 E8.88
    G1 E2.0 F30

M503

M500

Esegue i comandi lentamente ma non corrispondono

Ho provato di tutto

mia configurazione.h:

Attachments:
    1. Configuration.h

maong
    Participant

when I try to do ALT + E, an extruder does not appear on repetier host….

Attachments:

Jeffeb3
    Participant

What do you mean, they do not match? How much did it move the first move and the second move? Each move should take two seconds.

maong
    Participant

What do you mean, they do not match? How much did it move the first move and the second move? Each move should take two seconds.

I did your test….

in both cases they stop at the same point..every move requires a lot more than two seconds…

surely there is some setting in the firmware to be fixed

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE is set to 1 deg/sec, that’s not very high. Maybe set that to 90. The acceleration is enormous, maybe set that to 180.

The F30 should be 30degrees/min, and it’s trying to move only one degree, so that should be 2 seconds. Something is wrong.

It’s very hard to debug from here. The configuration.h is very long… You haven’t told me how long it takes, how far it goes, or wether changing the setting in the middle makes any difference.

maong
    Participant

thank you tomorrow I try how you say … even if I did not understand the importance of the DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE …

geodave
    Participant

I finally got around to uploading my remix of this to fit the Bosch Quick Release mount.  It can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2750328

I will not be able to actually test this until we get warmer weather.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.