Suggestion: V1 engineering products map!

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Suggestion: V1 engineering products map!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Yann Vautrin
    Participant

Hi Ryan and the other admins, just a thought, why not adding a user map, I am pretty sure you can find the appropriate WP plugin, it would be nice to see where V1 engineering machine are located around the globe, might be helpful to get in touch with makers in your surroundings?

Barry
    Participant

We’ve talked about it before.  I forget why it hasn’t been implemented.  Maybe a cost thing.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup, it would be cool but for the amount for users we have the prices are insane. We could not find a way around it.

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/have-you-thought-of-using-zeemaps-to-show-where-all-mpcncs-are-located/

Jeffeb3
    Participant

We couldn’t find a solution that:

1) scales to the number of users we have, many thousands.
    2) is free, or very cheap.
    3) is simple. Don’t want another job.
    4) won’t infringe on people’s privacy. It would be better if Ryan wasn’t sharing people’s info directly. It would be better if people could add their location to the map.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dang…I thought I had one for the shop that would show the last 500 orders…it didn’t work, the rest are very expensive.

Yann Vautrin
    Participant

https://wordpress.org/plugins/usermap/Why not this one, its free and if people dont fill in their location, they do not appear on the map….!

Ryan
    Keymaster

That plugin has not been updated in 4+ years, too much of a security risk unfortunately.

Yann Vautrin
    Participant

Will have a deeper look at it tomorrow!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

I think you’d have to pay for a google maps api for business use too.  I can’t remember.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.