sudden change of direction

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC sudden change of direction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Berthil 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Berthil
    Participant

Hello. I’m getting this problem in some runs.

The direction suddenly changes and it ruins the work.  Its not the .gcode because I tested it with the same file. i have runned it twice and it moved as expected.

I’m using the machine for a few days now and it happened twice for no reason.

I would appreciate any help. I don’t know what to do.

I have 5 physical end stops (x min max, y min max, and z min). Maybe it’s something with it because I pressed it during a test run and it changed the direction, but I’m sure nothing touched the end stops during the ruinned work of the pictures.

The red line of the picture is the direction change, and the blue line is where it should have gone.

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Two things could be happening, some sort of electrical noise, or improper Gcode.

So try my crown Gcode and if nothing goes wrong have a look at your Gcode and triple check all the setup steps. (usually picture #5 on the estlcam page).

Berthil
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I have done the crown and other drawings before using the spindle.

I think the problem for changing direction was the endstops. I removed it and had no problem so far.

I’ll report here if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.