starting fires

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider starting fires

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dixon8322 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dixon8322
    Participant

2 of the last cuts ive done have stopped mid cut and began wobbling bit back and fourth creating a tiny fire starter  here is the gcode and pic of the cuts

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Once you lose steps, the cut is done. You meed to find out why you’re skipping steps.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Looks like you DOC is 10mm, try 5mm. MDF is tough and I would not so slotting in pine at 10mm.

Dixon8322
    Participant

ok losing steps on the y and binding on the sides may be whats happening ill slow it down and change the cut depth thank guys

Dixon8322
    Participant

So I slowed it to 2mm per pass 8mm xy and 1 mm z and 2 flute 1/8th spiral upcut and alsoa a single flute spiral upcut  and I have a arc xy it start shuttering loses steps DeWalt is at a 1 straight lines are perfect not binding all motors are tight belts have been loosened and slowly tightened I’m at a loss even if I drop it down to 50% while cutting it can still see the it hesitating in the curves also everything works perfect when it’s not under load

Ryan
    Keymaster

The newest firmware? Seems to be a setting issue with one of the motion settings for some people. Junction deviation can be turned off or the value doubled. See if that fixes it.

Dixon8322
    Participant

It is set to .005 change to .010?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.