Spoilboard milling

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider Spoilboard milling

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Looks good @Barry.  A couple hours isn’t that bad at all.

@jeffeb3  I just got a chance to do some holes into my spoilboard to see how level it is and it seems the biggest difference is 0.5mm spanning across the whole 8×4 sheet.  I drilled 9 holes @ 2mm depth, spaced evenly and I’ll try to illustrate it bellow.

2.19          2.25          2.36

1.86          1.87          2.05

1.89          1.86          2.12

So I’m going to leave it at that.  That should be more than level enough for what I do.  I just thought I’d share my results

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

2.05mm +-0.19mm! That is great!

That is a very good result. Thank you for sharing this.

The front left side is especially flat, huh? That’s still a 2’x4′ area.

1 user thanked author for this post.

John
    Participant

Yeah.  I’m pretty happy with those results.  I’m thinking of writing these numbers and keep it handy close to the LR2.  It would be an easy reference if I need to mill something smaller, then I can decide which part of the 8×4 area I would use, being the flattest.

Thanks for your suggestion to actually flatten the frame instead of the spoilboard.  Now when I change spoilboards I don’t have to worry about getting it flat.

IamSandX
    Participant

I’m kinda late here, but I used a 1″ bit running about 45mm/s, 1200mm x 750mm took me a little over 1 hour to mill down 2mm.

Ryan
    Keymaster

1″ bit running about 45mm/s

😯

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.