SOMD – Lowrider Plasma CNC

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider SOMD – Lowrider Plasma CNC

This topic contains 124 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Author

Bryan
    Participant

Thought I’d share a little progress with the build. I had the water table for a few months and it is working great, but had no easy way to drain it. It’s been pretty hot here lately, so most of the water has evaporated out of the pan. I thought it would be a good opportunity to clean it all up and finally install a tank for filling/storing water when not in use.

IMG_20190707_183255_01

I bought a 55 gallon drum and installed an air fitting in one port and some 3/4″ PVC on the bottom port. When the drum is pressurized (~3 psi only, it can burst at like 20-30 psi, maybe lower), it presses the water down and up through the PVC pipes, through a ball valve and up to the table. This can fill the table 2.5″ deep in about a minute or less. To drain I just open the valve and gravity does all of the work, it’s great. I can clean the pan out and retrieve small pieces that get lost in the water. Video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zk7txapKUcswcytz6

Got back to making something for a coworker, thought it came out pretty nicely (the lighting didn’t do the blue color justice). Size is roughly 12.5″x12″

IMG_20190714_121106

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That is just fancy, I love it, quick fill tank.

Bryan
    Participant

Tried some chemical patinas out on this crab. I am pretty happy with the process, it’s fun to play with the different colors.

IMG_20190728_180819

Barry
    Participant

That’s cool!

Ryan
    Keymaster

That looks great!

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.