Small size 3d printer help

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Small size 3d printer help

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Geoffrey 2 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Will
    Participant

Hey all, new to the forum, I’ve got a snap maker with 125mm^3 working area.  Will I have enough space to print all the 3-D printed parts for the MPCNC?

Essentially I’m asking what is the size of the largest part.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Info in the first FAQ question/answer.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

“Minimum printer size required to print the MPCNC parts- X&Y –  (XYZ turned) 135mmx135mm, min. Z– (toolmount) 120mm min. You can add these parts to your slicer and verify if it works with your own printer.”

Aaryn
    Participant

You might check your local library. All the libraries around the Denver area have LulzBot Taz printers with large print volumes that they let people use.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tommy
    Participant

Has anyone tried splitting the large parts? I’ve been printing it on a 125 x 125 monoprice select mini, and I’m almost done printing everything that I can fit. I’m thinking of splitting the bigger ones and pining/gluing them back together but it’d be nice to know if someone else has tried it!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

The big part is what keeps everything square.  Not sure what will happen if you cut it, then glue the two parts back together.

Tommy
    Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I eventually found this thread: https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/one-part-too-big-for-my-printer/

The short version is that you can split the one part and super glue it together; it should hold long enough to make a new part with the MPCNC. Jo Lallo was even nice enough to upload a split version of the XYZ part!

Attachments:
    1. C-XYZ_1.zip

Geoffrey
    Participant

I’m happy to print the big parts in PLA+ for the cost of material and shipping.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.