Slicing parameters off?

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Advice – MP3DP Slicing parameters off?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant

Printer seems to be working great but I think something might be off in my slicing parameters.  As you can see in the picture, some of the top of this print isn’t filled it.  I don’t think it’s a physical printer issue but I’m not 100% sure.  I looked for a way to make more top full layers but didn’t see a parameter for that (not sure if there is one and I’m just missing it).  This was done with a 40% infill.  I did another one with a 10% infill and the gaps were slightly larger.  Any advice?  Think I need to watch some YouTube on slicing techniques…

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

You should be able to specify 2-4 top layers (100% fill standard). The 40% should be under the top layer(s).

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, I thought that was the parameter but wasn’t sure if that was what was causing my problem.  I’m running 3 top layers so I would think that would be enough.  Maybe something else is a little outta wack with my settings.

Hopefully your move is almost complete – I just read about your “fun” this morning… I hate moving!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.