Silly Question Time – Hanging Torsion Box

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider Silly Question Time – Hanging Torsion Box

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kirt 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kirt
    Participant

Hi All, we have recently had some pretty spectacular floods over here in usually sunny QLD (Aus), and it has wiped out all my stock etc, which I was using to build my table. But it did bring me to an idea, but I am not sure of the potential flaws of the idea, so I thought I would ask.

My house is 2 storys, where the entire bottom floor is a workshop essentially, not a massive area, but big enough, I originally planned of replacing my old workbench with a full sheet CNC table for the lowrider, and throw on some scrap materials when I needed it for a workbench.

Since these floods, I was wondering what are the disadvantages I might face, if I was to build a torsion box alone, with some extended X rails, and pulleys, to allow me to lower it into position when in use, and raise it when no longer needed, this would allow me to build a simple fold out workbench on the wall below it.

Obviously it swinging about while cutting would be the major issue, my thought there was the use the 2 support posts for my house, as a kind of anchor point once lowered into place, a bold through each side to hold it against those posts, should stop the swinging.

Let me know if you think its a stupid idea, or if you have ideas on how to improve upon it, etc? It’s just a thought at this time, as I clean up and begin to make space and buy new materials.

Regards

Kirt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.