San Diego Maker Faire

New Home Forum Updates San Diego Maker Faire

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Participant

Just wondering if any MPCNC people are thinking or planning on attending.

My daughter and I are looking at going this year (not 100% yet but most likely going to be) so figured I’d ask if anyone else is planning on going and may want to meet up or something.

Ryan
    Keymaster

AWWWWWWW Dangit. I was going to. I had the flight on the screen, but it just felt a little nuts trying to go out there and back for two days and cram in family and friend visits…..Crud.

Jason
    Participant

Bummer, I was kind of hoping you may be going since I seem to remember you having some SD connections 😉  It’s only a 2.5 hour drive for us so the only real expense is a hotel for two nights (we’re planning on coming in Friday night so we can get an early start Saturday.)

I’m curious to see how the SD Faire is.  I haven’t made it to Balboa park on a normal day yet let alone a big event like this.  Still debating a cheaper hotel a bit further away or something right outside.  Just don’t know that part of SD very well yet.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I used to live about 1/2 mile from there.

There is a pretty cool looking hotel, right where I lived. The Lafayette Hotel. No idea if it as cool on the inside but it has the craziest little bar/restaurant straight outta the 50’s (pretty sure they told us, literally ripped apart an old restaurant and rebuilt it there). the red fox room. We had a drink there one night, blue mowhaked bar tender, and 90 year old guys with toupees playing brass instruments.

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Me and the robotics team I’m in are attending, hope some of you guys go! 🙂

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Me and the robotics team I’m in are attending, hope some of you guys go! 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh man, both you guys….I really screwed that choice up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.