Roller twist (I read the FAQ)

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Roller twist (I read the FAQ)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant

Okay so when I started assembling the base I noticed the twist in the rollers, did some reading of the forum and then I read the FAQ for a third time and found the solution. But I noticed that one roller doesn’t twist, is this okay? I have to swap two of the rollers to compensate but three out of four rollers twist. If I leave the untwisting roller on will it be okay or should I reprint?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am unclear what you are calling roller twist?

Jeff
    Participant

As my rollers roll along the pipes they twist not all the way around but it is noticable in this form post https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/probably-stupid-question/ it is explained that you can move the rollers so the twist on one axis is clockwise and the other axis is counterclo wise the twist will cancel out. But what if one axis doesn’t twist as it rolls along? Maybe I tightened the bearings down too much. I will post pictures when I get home to show you what I mean.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That means nothing when it is fully assembled.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeff
    Participant

Thank you. I guess I’m reading too much and asking questions when half asleep. Probably not a good idea Haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.