Repetier Mac doesn’t see board

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Repetier Mac doesn’t see board

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

powered up the board, got a green light, Repetier says it can’t connect doesn’t see the “printer”. I’ve looked on the setup page here but the software has changed so I can’t tell if I have the settings correct.

any ideas?

thank you!

UPDATE!

I realize now the instructions for the Repetier settings are for a PC, so I hooked up my PC and the board works fine and my stepper motors move as commanded!!!!😊

so I’m still perplexed as to why my Mac doesn’t see it, secondly can I spit out the gcode from Fusion on my Mac and use it in Repetier on my PC?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Some MAC’s can not work at the 250000 default baud rate for some reason so the board needs to get re-flashed with an edit for 115000.

1 user thanked author for this post.

kd2018
    Participant

secondly can I spit out the gcode from Fusion on my Mac and use it in Repetier on my PC?

Yeah. Gcode is windows/mac/linux/[gcode sender] agnostic. Gcode is tailored to the device that interprets the gcode which in most of our cases is marlin (rambo/ramps/etc).

1 user thanked author for this post.

Steve
    Participant

Thanks guys for your responses, reflashing the board seems like a long convoluted process, so I might just go with spitting the gcode out and using it on the PC

I’m hoping I can do the crown test tonight!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.