Remote Pendant

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Bryan
    Participant

I built the remote pendant found on thingiverese.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2848450

Anyone else out there try building it?  Got it working, modified the code and button function to suit my needs. Trying to program the pendant to continuously move an axis if you hold down one of the directional buttons.  Anyone else have any success programming this feature?

BillW
    Participant

Bryan,
    Could you point me in the direction of more details please.
    I’m very interested in this, the Marlin Control/LCD drives me crazy.

Bill.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Bill you should have a look at v1pi as well. Less hardware and control from a phone or computer wirelessly.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That pendant and something like v1pi are going to not be compatible either, since they both send gcodes to the controller.

Bryan
    Participant

I just followed the instructions on the Thingiverse link. I bought all the parts off ebay and printed the enclosure.  I modified the key layout and changed the arduino program to suit.  If you follow the instructions provided it will work.  Only complicated part is figuring out where to plug into the MPCNC control board.  I use a Arduino MEGA/RAMPS 1.4. 5V and ground are easily found and I used the D0 pin to receive the data transfer.  The D0 pin does not work if you are using the USB port on the Arduino at the same time as the pendant.   Make sure the baud rate on the Arduino Mega/Ramps is the same as the Arduino UNO.  Took me awhile to figure that out.

BillW
    Participant

Ryan, I set Octoprint up for my 3D printer because I was sick and tired of moving the SD card from computer to printer, now I never use it but it did a better job of PID settings than the Wanhao embedded version.

Thanks for the info Bryan, I’ll get some goddies ordered and give it a try.

Bill.

tony diethelm
    Participant

I use LinuxCNC.

You can just hook up a standard USB game controller. I use that and love it.

BillW
    Participant

It works.

Should anyone make one the baud rate in the membrane.ino is wrong, it needs changing to 250000.

Attachments:

BillW
    Participant

Could someone give a little advice please.

The pendant has a Nano in it, it is connected to the Ramps AUX1, 5v,gnd and RX0.

If I power the pendant from it’s USB from my laptop with the Mega/ramps/LCD not connected to power the LCD lights dimly.

Will this damage the Mega.

Would I be better having both powered.

Thanks,
    Bill.

Steve
    Participant

I use LinuxCNC.

You can just hook up a standard USB game controller. I use that and love it.

Hmmmm. I have a Jetson TK1 board in a drawer someplace. Think I just found something for it to do…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.