RAMBo Mini stopped working

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC RAMBo Mini stopped working

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  S Sauntson 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Gary
    Participant

Hi all… I am new to this forum and to the MPCNC. I have printed all the parts and assembled (wires still a huge mess. I have wired and connected the stepper motors as instructed. At the moment I am powering the board with a 12v 25amp power supply. I connected the USB to my Windows 10 laptop (my Windows 7 laptop wouldn’t load the drivers). The drivers installed without issue.

Using Repetier Host to connect to the board I was able to move the X, Y & Z axis as desired. I then turned off the power supply to take a break. When I turned the power back on the X & Y axis ceased to work. When attempting to move any axis, the Z moved!

Does it appear that I have blown the board or have I got some weirdness in my Repetier config?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Disconnect the power and USB. Then plug them both back in and try to reconnect. I can’t see how anything might have gone wrong in a way to leave only one axis working.

1 user thanked author for this post.

S Sauntson
    Participant

Hi Gary,

When you turned the power off, did you also close repetier host? When I get things like this in my 3D printer, I power cycle everything, including the laptop. Does your laptop connect to the board?

My guess is you have a com port conflict

regards

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Make sure you’re also checking both directions. Some versions of the firmware won’t let you go negative in X and Y. If that’s the case, there’s nothing wrong with the hardware.

Gary
    Participant

Hi all… thx for the quick response. I have restarted everything including PC. To clarify on the Z axis… it appears that no axis are working. What baud rate should I use to connect to COM6? I presume COM6 was is defined in the firmware since that automatically showed up after turning on the board. BTW, is normal that I don’t have light on on the board with only USB connected? Lights only come on when board is powered. Thx!

Gary
    Participant

Hi all… thx for the quick response. I have restarted everything including PC. To clarify on the Z axis… it appears that no axis are working. What baud rate should I use to connect to COM6? I presume COM6 was is defined in the firmware since that automatically showed up after turning on the board. BTW, is normal that I don’t have light on on the board with only USB connected? Lights only come on when board is powered. Thx!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Can you verify what voltage your power supply is putting out. I really can’t think of any reason for this to happen. Where you moving it, plugging wires, Humidity, static, anything out of the ordinary? Do you have another USB to try, or another power supply, different PC? The Ultimachine boards are very well protected, if all three axis are out check your fuses, but do not replace them until you figured out how you popped them if you did.

Gary
    Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED! I found Ryans connection notes at https://www.v1engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/seacera.jpg and now all axis are working.Whew! thx all for replying. Now I can try to determine why my Win7 laptop is not connecting.

S Sauntson
    Participant

As they say,

“Ryan is the Man!”

Thats why we are all in good hands……..

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.