Rambo firmware flashing error – Dual Endstops

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Rambo firmware flashing error – Dual Endstops

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kelly D
    Participant

Found a quiet moment here to finally tear apart the MPCNC and get the Rambo and dual end tips hooked up. I’m getting the timeout error uploading from Arduino (1.8.7), Windows 10-64bit.

atk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

I found a thread from last summer on this but the resolution was in the user sending the board to Ryan to be flashed. Does anyone recall the issue? Any thoughts on how to get this flashed? The computer recognized the board by name right away.  If you need any other details let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. I’ll work on tidying up the wiring in the meantime.

I should maybe ask while I’m here – prior to the firmware attempt I tried the machine (without endstops) just to make sure systems were a go. Everything good except that only one of each stepper moved (X/Y). I assume that’s because the steppers are direct to the board so the firmware needs to know that (assumingnits in the DE firmware)? X1 And Y1 moved, X2 and Y2 did not. Z did.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’m getting the timeout error uploading from Arduino (1.8.7)

Arduino beta 1.9 should solve that.

Kelly D
    Participant

Negative. Here’s more info FWIW.

Uploading with no power to the Rambo (didn’t think it was required – maybe it is).

CAF42E3E-9686-4424-B8A1-B7473488AF19
    1BCF6130-EFFF-4C86-A08C-0D0138629E98
    308C7C9B-80EE-4F68-8052-04246D8BDE58

Ryan
    Keymaster

maybe it is

It is 100%.

Kelly D
    Participant

Little details hey? Must drive you bonkers. All set. Now to check the end stops. Thanks (yet again).

Ryan
    Keymaster

No problem at all, knowing someone is having fun is better than my day. I am unpacking boxes (from moving)….then karma has me packing boxes as well (orders and kits). Vicious Circle.

Kelly D
    Participant

So THAT’S where Vicious came from? 😉

I’d help you pack. I’m known among friends and family as magical when it comes to optimizing every nook and cranny (my garage is a prime example….although “optimized” isn’t the word I’d use at the moment). I was impressed by your packing skills when I got my boxes from you!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks, Some days I spend entirely too much time getting them just right, some days I send two boxes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.