Rambo Board firmware

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Libby
    Participant

After some looking and trying to see if it was posted here I need to ask, I purchased the Rambo 1.4 board with end stops , and have a desire to update the firmware

// Travel limits (mm) after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.

So it will stop shutting down 1/3 of the way home.

I suspect this is the correct firmware but am really not sure

https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/tree/MPCNC_Rambo_T8_16T_LCD_DualEndstop

Can anyone please advise.?

Dave

BT
    Participant

If you bought your hardware from Ryan, then that looks like the right firmware to use.  It also looks like your headed in the right direction on which part of the firmware to update to fix the homing.  Just be careful that if you do make that change and have an endstop issue, the controller will continue to try to drive the gantry until it reaches the new homing travel limit.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Bed size is what you want to change.

mastersapo
    Participant

Just a heads-up on those of you with the new full-size Rambo. I upgraded from old firmware and a ramps board running on hardware from an original MPCNC prior to updates (have since updated the center assembly, but not the threaded rods and such). I ended up having to calibrate the Z axis steps / mm rather significantly. I went from 400 default to 2800 steps / mm after a number of checks using a drop gage.

Recommend you check calibration for x, y, and z once you upgrade.

Barry
    Participant

Just a heads-up on those of you with the new full-size Rambo. I upgraded from old firmware and a ramps board running on hardware from an original MPCNC prior to updates (have since updated the center assembly, but not the threaded rods and such). I ended up having to calibrate the Z axis steps / mm rather significantly. I went from 400 default to 2800 steps / mm after a number of checks using a drop gage.

Recommend you check calibration for x, y, and z once you upgrade.

Yea, all the new firmware expect a T8 leads crew.  They work better than the old threaded rod.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.