Radius Mill bit for finish pass on 2.5D relief?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Radius Mill bit for finish pass on 2.5D relief?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Azmoo 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Azmoo
    Participant

Would this type of Radius Mill bit be good for finish pass on 2.5D relief? Or any other from this store?

https://www.sorotec.de/shop/Radius-Mill—2-0mm-SL-6-0-ECO.html

Ryan
    Keymaster

You do not want a radius mill for carving you are looking for a ball end.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Azmoo
    Participant

Thank you for answer. Is ball end same as ball nose end mill?

https://www.sorotec.de/shop/TIALN-Ball-Nose-End-Mill-Z2–2-0mm-SL7-0mm-Standard.html

That one is under steel-plate. I am asking for that store because I would order some other bits from them and I am not sure if they have right bits for finish pass for relief.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That will work but it is small and coated. Typically we use 3-4mm diameter and just plain carbide. I think you are over thinking it a bit. Anything will work really you are just looking for least expensive and you don;t want it to take forever. I have no idea how much detail you expect so I can not really give you suggestions on diameter other than that is smaller than usual. It will give higher detail but will have smaller stepover which will take longer, sometimes a lot.

Maybe if you gave us an idea of how large your piece will be and the desired amount of detail. Really high detail and you can just go with a vbit. Although I am just guessing as to what you want to do with it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Azmoo
    Participant

thank you for advice 🙂 . I ordered 4mm and also some v-bits and I will try

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.