Printed 25mm version and my tubes are 25.4mm, what can i keep?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Printed 25mm version and my tubes are 25.4mm, what can i keep?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kamil
    Participant

Hii,

A friend of mine told me he have a 25mm stainless tubes he can cut for me, he said it’s 25mm and not 25.4. So i started printing  the first patch of the parts from the Burly F group (25mm), the parts i printed so far are:

• Bottom_Corner / BottomM_Corner
    • Lock-Corner / LockM-Corner
    • Top-Corner / TopM-Corner
    • Gantry_Spacer
    • Nut_Trap_Burly

My question is, can I use any of the printed parts?

I tested pushing the tube inside the LockCorner and it entered by applying a moderate force.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Kamil.

Barry
    Participant

Most likely none of it.  They’ll eventually crack.

Kamil
    Participant

I sanded the LockCorner a little bit, and now the tubes fit snugly.

The TopCorner and BottomCorner fit without any force.

The GantrySpacer and NutTrap seems ok too.

Isn’t this enough?

The rest of the parts will be printed 25.4

Jamie
    Participant

Definitely reprint the gantry spacer.  It’s not the same length and will seriously screw up your middle assembly.  And plus it’s no big deal to reprint.

Nut traps are fine, they are not different for different sizes.

Kamil
    Participant

I have a couple of Off days next week and wanted to use them to start the build, so i want to try and finish the printing before 🙂

If so i might change my print settings to 0.3mm layer height instead of 0.25mm to accelerate the print time, my extruder diameter is 0.4mm

K Cummins
    Participant

Definitely reprint the gantry spacer. It’s not the same length and will seriously screw up your middle assembly. And plus it’s no big deal to reprint.

Hmph… I thought that might be the case, but I thought my other parts had just shrunk with the cheapo filament I had used. I’ll have to reprint my spacers… le sigh

Kamil
    Participant

I’m re-printing the parts, except the nut trapper.

I have Prusa MK3, I changed my printer settings to 0.25mm layer, print speed 100mm/s. But what made the most difference in the print time was the infill pattern changed it to rectilinear and it cut down the expected print time in ~15%

Barry
    Participant

Yea, squares or triangles are faster infill and just as strong.  The honeycomb looks cool, but sloooooow.  I think the gyroid is pretty fast too, since it’s just curvy lines.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.