Mac, and Fusion360, Guffy's PP?

New Home Forum Software / Firmware Development Fusion360 Mac, and Fusion360, Guffy's PP?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Manolo Suarez 4 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Hello, just wondering if anyone here have a working post processor I am using Marlin?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Ryan. Reason: more helpful title

Ryan
    Keymaster

The one linked at the end of the Milling basics page has been proven to work for a while now, just make sure Arcs are turned off (for this version of Marlin).

What problems are you having with it?

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

I tried already more than 3 projects and get the same error always.

First I got this error:

1-1-1

but mostly is this one only:

1-6

Attachments:

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Sorry Ryan, just post this reply but it is duplicated, I could not delete it, I am in Bangkok right now and the internet in the hotel is not the best 🙁

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am not sure it works the same on a MAC. Can anyone confirm?

Does you post processor screen look like the github page?

https://github.com/guffy1234/mpcnc_posts_processor

I am not sure it is properly loaded.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Yes I downloaded from his GitHub page.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Does your post processor screen look like the one on the github page. I do not have or ever use a MAC, I am not sure if it works or not so that is my first assumption, if the screen looks the same I think it works. If not you might not have it loaded or it does not work on a MAC.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Yes sure is the same, how can we point Guffy to this post so maybe he can help?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I haven’t seen guffy around in a while.

Have you tried any other PP’s? I am not convinced it is loaded given your missing file error.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Yes I tried the second one and only gives the second error in the second picture.

Hope somebody here in this forum uses Fusion360 and can help.

Ryan
    Keymaster

It is the MAC part that is hard, Fusion and the PP work for sure on a PC.

Yes I tried the second one and only gives the second error in the second picture. Hope somebody here in this forum uses Fusion360 and can help.

I think this has to do with the filesystem, I am thinking MAC and PC will differ here so the output or something is hitting a snag.

No PC to output your gcode with at all?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

I can’t believe nobody is using Fusion in the Mac, I hope someone will fix that for us, just send a request in Fusion360 forum.

Bryan Weston
    Participant

I use Fusion with on a Mac with the below PP. Only one I have tried so far

https://github.com/martindb/mpcnc_posts_processor/blob/master/MPCNC_Mill_Laser.cps

2 users thanked author for this post.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Hi Bryan, I found this one but there is no instructions on how to load in Fusion, I saw many lines and have no idea how to change for milling. Seem too technical to me… 🙁 If you know a link on how to change parameters and load in Fusion please share.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Just reinstall Fusion on my Mac and add the Post Processor from Guffy, my steps were add both files: “DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps” & “DIYCNC_Common.js”. I did not make any alteration only add and run the Post Processor, the error I got was:

1-2

Attachments:

Bryan Weston
    Participant

I followed this to load the PP. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-a-cloud-post-in-Fusion-360.html

I have messed with changing parameters.

I tried to load the one from Guffy but when I tried to write out the gcode it did not write out. Where are the log files located to debug the errors?

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

I followed this one as well, to difficult for me and I have no idea how to rewrite the g-code.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Hi Brian, had the same problem with my Mac, so I bought a PC and it works, have no idea why did not work in my Mac.

Bryan Weston
    Participant

I downloaded this PP and was able to generate gcode after uploading DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps and DIYCNC_Common.js to the fusion ASSETS->CAMPosts cloud library.

I was able to tkdiff the gcode with the one from the prior PP and very similar. Will try running it later.

Guffy
    Participant

Ryan
    Keymaster

Guffy is that specifically for MAC? If so I can add it next to the other link on the basics page.

PS, Thanks!

Guffy
    Participant

Yep. It seems fusion on mac doesn’t support include files. So it’s just same pp merged to single file. Ofcourse it’s for single target only, for marlin.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Hi @guffy, Just checked on Mac, unfortunately is not working, well maybe I am not installing correctly or I am missing any configuration.

I open >Assets>CAMPosts>Upload and choose the file.

So when I run the g-code button, comes the error below, It runs in PC and the steps to run is exactly the same as in the Mac. but is not working 🙁

1-5

2-4

3-2

• This reply was modified 6 days, 23 hours ago by  Manolo Suarez.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 23 hours ago by  Manolo Suarez.

Guffy
    Participant

honestly i don’t know how it works on mac, why you upload it. on windows i just put pp files  to a folder and then select it in fusion.
    anyway. it looks like you still use “windows” pp. first part of the pp field (before ‘/’ ) corresponds to filename of multifile version.
    ensure that you don’t select pp that you uploaded previously

Douglas Rohman
    Participant

All you have to do once you download Guffy’s zip and extracted it, from Fusion 360 Assets go to upload, then just make sure you select all of the documents in thats folder and click upload. From there you will be able to use the post processor.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Manolo Suarez
    Participant

Hi Douglas, actually we have two files one that works for PC that has a “DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps & DIYCNC_Common.js” file in, I bought a PC computer only to try this file in Fusion360, it works.

There is a second zip file that Guffy gently put both files above together for the Mac: “DIYCNC_Marlin20_marcel.cps”, and works for Scott Geramy.

I will try to uninstall my Fusion 360 from my Mac and try again to see if works.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.