PCB Examples

Tagged: 

This topic contains 44 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  SteveC 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dam, that is one clean PCB, nice work and thanks for the pictures!

Tony Wood
    Participant

hi this is all very exciting. i have been trying the procedures from above but have come across a snag in my system i cant seem to figure out, hopefully some one can point out where i am going wrong.

I created a board in Eagle 7.4, expaorted the gerber files and excelon files ok. Imported them fine into FlatCAM. I exported my Gcode files all OK. My problem is that the gcode output is in INCHES and although the G20 instuction is there my MPCNC still treats them as mm.

Any thoughts and suggestions gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Tony

Ryan
    Keymaster

Tony are you using my newest firmware? I don’t think the G20 was really supported until that version. I tried to look it up but the marlin page is down right now.

Tony Wood
    Participant

Hi Ryan thanks for getting back so quick.

i’m using Marlin 1.1.0-RCBugFix

on this web site http://marlinfw.org/meta/gcode/
    G20 and G21 were implemented from V 1.1.0.

What is the current Marlin version you are using. I picked my one so i could use the probing gcode routines.

Thanks again
    Tony

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup, same 1.1.0 version.

I have never tried inches, your software post processor does not allow for mm output?

I’m not going to be working the rest of the day, I am not sure why it doesn’t work but the easiest would be to output in mm. I am not sure if anything would need to be changed in the firmware. That page doesn’t say anything but I can’t dig in right now.

Karl Hagström
    Participant

Did you follow my instructions on github?
    didn’t you run the command “set_sys excellon_zeros T”? Sounds like that might be your problem!

/kalle

Tony Wood
    Participant

Thanks Ryan i believe its sorted now.

in FlatCAM I changed to mm in the options TAB. which is global and it seems weird to me as i’m sure Gerber files are in inches. Anyhow i plotted on my MPCNC with a pen and success drill holes all in the right place. I still have a lot to figure out, what is the best workflow for me but i am pleased to have got this far,

Thanks
    Tony

Tony Wood
    Participant

Thanks Karl,
    Yes i did set the Zeros to T. I managed to follow your instructions quite well although i did have trouble understanding the #post processor part regarding the ,Bat file and SED.

##Post Procesor

I made a custom post-procesor to match the gcode that the post processor for F360 puts out.
    creds to Mike that led me in the right direction
    It’s a bat-script and needs “Sed” to be installed download Sed.exe for windows here
    Just put the bat-file next to the folder “PostProcess” and dubble click the file, it will generate gcode-files of all the files in the folder

I have managed to install SED on my WIN10 pc yet im still unsure how to use the .bat file. You say to put the bat-file “next” to folder which is the bit i don’t understand.

Thank you for your work.

Cheers
    Tony

Karl Hagström
    Participant

Have a look on the github files and folders! In a folder you have the bat file and a subfolder named postprocess, you put the outputs from flat am in the postprocess subfolder and double click the bat-file!

Tony Wood
    Participant

Oh thanks, That makes sense to me now thank you.

I tried it and it works. Yeah!

microsoft screamed at me first about potential unsafe program but put faith in your work

Thanks for your hard work.

cheers
    Tony

Karl Hagström
    Participant

Nice!
    If anyone is afraid of running the bat file – just right click it and take a look at it (edit) in notepad. Nothing harmful there!

Abin
    Participant

What are the dimensions of your mpcnc

SteveC
    Participant

What are the dimensions of your mpcnc

My rails are 24″ x 36″ with the original 2015 center assembly (with the camar0 mod). At reasonable feed rates I don’t seem to have any problem with rigidity or resonances. I’m sure that the new center assembly gives even better results.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Abin
    Participant

What is the workable dimension you are getting with the 24*36 rail setup

SteveC
    Participant

What is the workable dimension you are getting with the 24*36 rail setup

About 13.5″ x 23.5″. That would make a pretty large PCB 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.