No connection between Repetier Host and board

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC No connection between Repetier Host and board

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Atencio 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Update: It works. I had to move the USB to a different port on my laptop. Now everything works! Please disregard the previous.

I installed the Repetier Host and entering the settings. When I try to connect in Repetier, it says my COM 3 is not permitting the device to connect.

I went into Device manager, deleted my COM 3 LPT and searched for new hardware, which it found. I went into properties in COM 3 and disabled it under advanced setting, then enabled it. after restarting my computer.

I still cannot connect to the board through Repetier Host. I can move the axis through the LCD screen.

Does anyone have some thoughts about how to fix this?

1 user thanked author for this post.

BT
    Participant

In repetier-host, try selecting a different port.  IIRC, none of my computers and laptops would connect on COM3 even though it showed up in repetier-host – that port must be used for something else.  Also, the auto feature also did not work.  I always had to manually select a different port.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

It turned out to be my USB port didn’t like the cable. Switched ports and it worked. This drove me crazy for two days until I stopped and moved it. Thanks for the feedback.

BT
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.