New MPCNC build. No, I'm not a Broncos fan.

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC New MPCNC build. No, I'm not a Broncos fan.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Participant

I’m pretty freakin excited about this! I bought a 3D printer just to have something to tinker with, then I stumbled onto the mpcnc. I have all the parts being shipped, and I hope to have it finished in the next few weeks. I figured I might as well share the progress with everyone here. And I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way about the electronics.

If you’re wondering why it looks like a Denver Broncos machine… it’s only because I had orange and blue pla filament on hand. Plus, my neighbor hooked me up with some orange conduit. Go Steelers!

MPCNC... almost

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sweet!

Rob

Rob
    Participant

Ryan, what you’ve created here is absolutely amazing! I’m very jealous of your CAD skills. The way everything fits together perfectly is very impressive. My friends and family think I’m the smart guy because I’ve figured out how to put this thing together, but you’re the man!

Josh
    Participant

Awesome!  Is the conduit painted?

Rob
    Participant

No, it can be purchased in a bunch of different colors. My neighbor is an electrician so he picked some up for me.

Barry
    Participant

Be interested in how long that color lasts on the bearing surfaces.

Rob
    Participant

Me too, Barry. I’m not very confident that it’ll last for long. But hey, compared to how the rest of my garage looks, even scratched conduit is an improvement 🙂

Rob
    Participant

So, I’m wondering if it’s worth printing the new burly parts. Anyone have some thoughts?

Rob
    Participant

Also… I’ve been using a Raspberry pi and Octoprint on my 3d printer. Is that a possibility for the MPCNC?

BT
    Participant

I use octoprint on the V1Pi image that JeffEB3 created (has Octoprint and CNCJS).  Works great!

Rob

Barry
    Participant

Run it as is until you find the need to upgrade.

Rob
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.