New idea with few low rider parts

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC New idea with few low rider parts

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

this design  thing works great and so simple.

Attachments:

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Interesting. That looks fun. Were the side or fromt cnc made?

Jason
    Participant

It looks awesome where did you get the print files?

Robert
    Participant

I cut only the sides out of 0.5in. MDF with my low rider and finished with couple of clear coats.

the rest was all by hand and modified the z assembly from 0.5 in. lead screw to 5/16

had to cut some aluminum and drill few holes and make the mount for the router.

rest of the parts were printed with my cheap 3D printer. ran the first cut and it is amazing very strong and accurate.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Cool! I would flip the Y steppers over to lower that belt, other than that pretty good!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Robert
    Participant

Ryan thank you for the advise, I’ll get on it right now. But I wish you would take this Idea and perfect it with some better design.

since I know that you are a genius in designing. now only thing I have to learn is how to set my Z zero t0lerance or what thickness of a plate to use for mini Rambo that I have. any Idea? I can use any help I can get.

Ryan
    Keymaster

since I know that you are a genius in designing.

Now those are some strong words… I think I am just persistent, but thank you!

I wish you would take this Idea and perfect it with some better design.

It looks like you have a very solid design, you already did it!

I am not convinced this geometry is any better than an MPCNC, and there are a lot of this style out there already, would it be adding to the community?

Robert
    Participant

Ryan, I didn’t mean to be rude or offend you. I’m sorry if I did. I have no doubt in MPCNC, design.

I thought this Idea takes a lot less printing time and cost, so it would be easier and faster to accomplish.

Besides I don’t like the Z axis dropping when you turn the machine off like my low rider did.

Anyway I’m very sorry if I have been a jerk.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ryan, I didn’t mean to be rude or offend you. I’m sorry if I did. I have no doubt in MPCNC, design.

y I’m very sorry if I have been a jerk.

What?! No way, I love it! I swear I am in no way offended. I love seeing those parts in a whole new machine!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.