New build Wes coast Norway

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC New build Wes coast Norway

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Turbinbjorn 6 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Svein Inge Kallevik
    Participant

First i have to thank Ryan for a great design.

This project has been fun all the way and sometime time consuming 🙂 My MPCNC is pretty stock, i have done some mods on it.

• new z axe toolplate so it fits 4mm nylocks nuts here in norway.
    • Makita toolholder with mount for laser on the side, and dust channel.
    •  new box for the ramps and my laser controller, and a box for the lcd panel.

The learning curve into cnc is very steep, maybye it had been easier just to buy a Xcarve or something 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.

Svein Inge Kallevik
    Participant

My machine is build on 25mm pipes from biltema in Norway.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Neil
    Participant

You will appreciate the knowledge you will gain in building it yourself. It may seem like a bit of a task getting it all together and understanding the initial setup/configuration. Now that you have the hard part out of the way have fun and get that machine dirty! In no time at all you will find yourself asking ‘what do I want to build today’. The MPCNC opens all new doors! As Ryan says #PrototypingPowerhouse

Looking great so far buddy!

Neil

Ryan
    Keymaster

First i have to thank Ryan for a great design.

High five!

The learning curve into cnc is very steep, maybye it had been easier just to buy a Xcarve or something

Once they are assembled the learning curve is the same. I can’t speak to the assembly of those machines. Software wise you can even use easel if you really want to “graz” on YouTube does. I highly suggest sticking to my getting started progression with the crown though. It is much more powerful and should really not be much more difficult.

Plus you have all of us here to help you out.

NorseBumble
    Participant

Hey Svein Inge.

Thanks for sharing.

I am in the process of planning a mpcnc build.

As I fellow Westcoast-of-Norway resident I am pleased to hear that pipes from Biltema are usable for this application. I was worried they might be too uneven.

What are the dimensions of your machine, and are you satisfied with its rigidity with the Biltema pipes?

Do you remember the articlenumber for those pipes?

Sorry for the barrage of questions 🙂

br

Stian

Svein Inge Kallevik
    Participant

NorseBumble,

I live in Haugesund btw.

Yes the biltema pipes works well, i think my longest pipes is 90 cm .

the art number on the pipes is 79607, they are very slick and cheap . its much stronger than theese electrical conducts pipes or wardrobe pipes.

And Trålbøteriet på Åkra is the best place to buy bolts and nuts for the MPCNC,

• For the cable manangement i use alu vinkel from Obs bygg, and the dragchain is from aliexpress 🙂

Turbinbjorn
    Participant

Hi Svein Inge and Stian

Tromsø chiming in! How’s your mill doing Svein Inge? Stein, did you finish yours?

I’m planning to go for the Biltema-pipes. Glad to hear they have been used already. How are they performing, one year later?

I’m also going for the Makita, any thoughts/experiences with it?

Did you get your parts from all over, or the bundle from Ryan? I’m considering to scout FINN for the individual parts, but not sure if it’s worth all the hassle…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.