New build in TN started.

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider New build in TN started.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 136 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 137 total)
  • Author

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Info needed please. When I go to run repetier the X axis runs all the way over to the operator side and the Y moves all the way to the end of the table then I have to hit the E Stop in Repetier because the motors continue to run and the X and Y are at the limit of travel on the table. I send a couple of screen shot to show settings in Repetier and setting on the LCD. When I start the program zero is at about 1/4 way into the table and Z in in the canter of the table.

Also been trying to set auto home. There are tutorials  on Youtube for some things but cant find anything to help with this,

Thaks

Russh

David Walling
    Participant

Sounds like your Repetier is trying to send the router to ‘home’, which would require endstop switches to be installed.

Barry
    Participant

Yep, without endstop, don’t hit the home buttons.  The computer has no idea where it is, so home will run it one direction until an endstop is triggered.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

It does it when I hit the start button in Repetier

Maybe my drawing is not to scale? Because it worked fine with another drawing.

Ill keep working on it

Thanks

Russh

Ryan
    Keymaster

Make sure your settings do not include a G28 (home) command, they should not by default. You can not hit the home button you simple start your machine where you want it to start.

The picture of your LCD is showing  x290 (right about 11.5″) and Y-600 (towards you by about 2 feet).

When you move in the X positive direction it should move right, and Y positive direction should move away from you.

If you are unsure you can upload you estlcam .e10 file or your gcode so we can see it. If you just start by following my basics page it should be clear after a few different moves/files/uses.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Guys, When I try to save Set Home Offsets I get an error message: Err: Too Far

Anyone know the reason?

Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

just reset the board it does the same thing

Russ Heffner
    Participant

My version 10.045  of Estlcam has a few more drop fields to fill in than shows in your tutorial using Vs 9.?

Feed units CNC Programs: shouldmit be mmper Minute or mm per second or one of the other options?

Ryan
    Keymaster

That depends on what you set it at. If you followed my basic setup I have it as mm/s.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Anyone know how to export Fusion 360 files into Estlcam???

Thanks RussH

Ryan
    Keymaster

DXF for 2D or STL for 3D.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Getting to know my machine I am drawing circles for starters. I am making the circles in Inkscape at 104mm when the cnc draws them they are 165mm. Any advice?

Thanks

RussH

Ryan
    Keymaster

Do you have a tool offset or are you “engraving” on the line?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Offset on the outside of line

Ryan
    Keymaster

That’s it.

To use a pen you need to draw on the line.

https://www.v1engineering.com/estlcam-basics/

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Anyone out there using Fusion 360? I have designed some projects on it it is a great tool.

The issue I have is how to export the drawings so I can load them into Estlcam to set the tool paths and Gcode.

Or are you guys setting the tool paths and Gcode in Fusion?

Thanks RussH

Ryan
    Keymaster

For non 3D,you should always export your  files as a DXF, for 3D you can use STL.

You can do your CAM work in fusion but I highly suggest you stick with estlcam for a while.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

My LCD screen went blank. I checked the fuses they are all good.

What happened first is the screen was lit but when I would turn the dial nothing happened then I pushed the reset button nothing happened so I un plugged the power and powered back up and the screen was not on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

The screens usually don’t die, they are powered by the 5V regulator on the control board. That usually dies on the megas, but you have a rambo, one has never died yet.

You need to power it up and see it you get 5V on the rambo.

Maybe you have some power fluctuations or something. You have had issues with all your electronics, of all the ones I have sold I can probably count one one hand how many where actually bad from me over 2 and a half years. We had someone here have all sorts of issues, turns out his garage fridge was killing his electronics when it kicked on. Something else is going on for you to have so many issues.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Has anyone tried using the V Carve Pro software for MPCNC? It will save projects as Gcode but is there a way to get it into REPETIER?

Thanks

RussH

Ryan
    Keymaster

You need a post processor for marlin compatible gcode, I am sure there is one out there but I have not bought that software to try it out.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

Ryan the new LCD did not fix the problem. You asked me to check for 5V on the board. I am not sure how to do that. The machine works with repetier so it must be the output to the LCD as you thought. How do I fix it? Do I need a new board or just a part for the boar?

ThanksRuss

Ryan
    Keymaster

You might have to send it in, I have never had a mini-rambo go bad, I don’t have spare parts for them. You will have to use the diagram on the the site or on the ultimachine page to get the pinout for 5V and ground and check it with your multimeter. How did it go out? You did have it working correct? Did you try and plug in endstops?

Russ Heffner
    Participant

I have been looking on the photo of the Rambo board and so not see were the 5V pinout is or ground. Please explain.

How it went out.  When it went out I was trying to move the axis x y z then only the main screen would show up. When I pressed the button it would not go to another page. So I pushed the reset on the LCD board. Nothing changed os I powered the entire board off and powered back up then the screen was black.

It did work the first few times I used it.

I did not plug in any end stops.

The cnc works using REPETIER.

Thanks

Russ

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Pretty strange.

You didn’t change the wiring, so you haven’t wired it incorrectly.

The onboard micro is getting power, which means at least that the 12V is being regulated for it.

When you say black, do you mean there is no backlight, or all the pixels are black?

Is there a mini-rambo forum with some experts that could help? I don’t know how the board is layed out, and which components could be to blame.

Looking at this pinout:

I don’t see a good spot for the 5V, except the pins for the LCD. If you’re planning on sending it back to Ryan, probably better that you don’t hurt it anymore. But here is the pinout for the LCD panel, which shows VCC and GND pins on EXP1:

http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/5/51/RRD_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLER_SCHEMATIC.pdf

You can see on the mini-rambo that exp1 is the top connection on that image, and the leftmost pins are labelled 9,10. If you’re getting 5V there, then I don’t think it’s a power problem. I would be surprised if the LCD used a different power than the microcontroller, but I don’t do production electrical engineering…

Russ Heffner
    Participant

I did not change wiring. There is power to the board. The screen is black no pixels.

Thanks

Russ Heffner
    Participant

I just searched for a Mini Rambo forum. What I found was a Mini Rambo PISTOL forum. LOL

Ryan
    Keymaster

If you flip the board over it is actually labeled. Use your test probes on negative and the pin marked 5V.

Ryan
    Keymaster

How do you have your board in the shop, is it on a conductive surface, could if get some static charges, like from the vacuum hose? These boards usually do not die even if you try and kill them. I have reverse polarity and powered the wrong plugs they seem to be very well safe guarded.

Russ Heffner
    Participant

not used a vacuum hose prior to it going out.

I just checked the 5V pin from the back and we have 5V 5.03 to be exact.

screen is still dead.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.