New Build in Australia

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC New Build in Australia

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gary
    Participant

Hi,

just managed to order pretty much a full kit! Now I have to hang out until the bits are shipped and travel all the way to Australia. Also need to figure out how to pay off the credit card! Gee I hate waiting for stuff…..

cheers

Gary

George Knowlden
    Participant

Hey Gary,

Nice one! I’m WA based, and I just finished mine. Best of luck. Shipping isn’t so bad when China is just across the way.

Best,

George

Michael
    Participant

Hi George,

I’ve just discovered this website and I’m intrigued by this whole MP CNC concept. I have a colleague wanting some sort of laser cutter. Do you have any experience with these? I’m in WA too – in the south west.

Michael

George Knowlden
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I live in Albany, what about you?

The MPCNC is the one stop shop, I think. I don’t have any experience with laser cutters, but I have a friend in Perth who does. I would be interested in owning a laser cutter also, if you live in Albany then maybe we could collaborate.

Best,

George

Gary
    Participant

Hi,

my bits have left the US for Australia, so now have to make my mind up on what size to make it. Would a 2ft by 2ft or 2ft by 3 ft be OK for both woodwork and occasional aluminium cutting? I have limited space at the moment – I really want a 4ft by 4 ft ๐Ÿ™ but that can wait……

What sizes do you guys find most useful for making? A pretty difficult question I guess without target projects, but suggestions would nevertheless be welcome.

Also anyone near Geelong Australia have one I could visit for a look?

cheers

Gary

Bill
    Participant

Smaller is better until you have your sea legs. You can always make it bigger if you ever have a work piece that won’t fit the smaller size. If you are pretty certain you’ll need to work on items that are in that 2’x3′ range, buy the tubing for that size but only build it something like 20″x20″ to start and slide the tubes out once you feel you have your CAM down pat, and can prove it to yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 user thanked author for this post.

Gary
    Participant

Thanks Bill.

I’ll stick to the 2ft by 2ft size to start with. Easy enough to make it bigger later if needed.

cheers

Gary

Gary
    Participant

So,

all the bits arrived yesterday – 6 days from California to Australia is excellent – though it took 2 days to get to Australia, and 4 days to travel the 80 kilometres from Melbourne to my home!!

Started madly assembling everything last night. Have to compliment Ryan on the quality of the 3d printed parts, must have been a huge job designing everything. The only part that I’m having issues with is that central assembly – doing my head in trying to figure out how it goes together!! Off to Youtube to watch some videos.

The Dewalt router is not available in Australia, so I’ve bought a Makita and need to hunt up and print a replacement mount for it. Is there one that is regarded as the best? Also off to the hardware store for some conduit and a single 5/16″ x 1.25″ bolt – 1 short n the kit ๐Ÿ™‚

Really impressed so far and very glad I bought the complete kit from Ryan – would have spent hours hunting up the bits and pieces…

cheers

Gary

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ben Harper
    Participant

I have only just come across this site as well as purchased a small build 3d printer and started constructing one of these machines, I must thank the designer for all the hard work he put into the designs as the look amazing as they come out of the printer. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area as i’m unsure of how it should be done.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thank you Ben. You can put nice comments any where you want, I’ll take it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.