need mach4 lowrider2 profile

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider need mach4 lowrider2 profile

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nathan
    Participant

like the subject says i cant seem to find a machine profile for mach4.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Nathan, welcome to the forums! We’ll need a bit more information before anyone can help you input the values. What drivers/microstepping do you have? If you’re using mach 4  it should be an external controller and drivers. Since those can be any of a number of drivers, we can’t give you an accurate profile without at least that information.

For example, if your drivers are at 1/8 micro stepping, and I give you a value appropriate for 1/16 microstepping, your machine will go twice as far with each command.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Nathan
    Participant

sorry im using the rambo 1.4 board. and i bought the rest as the kit my table is the full 4×8 sheet soo 111in x 56in

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Does mach4 work wirh rambo? I thought it was driven in real time from windows.

Erwin Vigilia
    Participant

Does mach4 work wirh rambo? I thought it was driven in real time from windows.

Yep, as far as I’ve seen, Mach3/4 use either an LPT breakout box or USB equivalent or clone claiming it is “Mach X” compatible. (i.e. doesn’t work with Rambo or the like)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Erwin Vigilia. Reason: clarification

Aaron
    Participant

If you’re using the Rambo, then you cannot use Mach 4. M4 is indeed for usb use, but the rambo is a controller in itself. You have options like Repetier Host, Pronterface, cnc.js, and chilipeppr has a marlin environment as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.