My x and y axis are out of square respect each other D=

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider My x and y axis are out of square respect each other D=

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Guillermo Carrillo
    Participant

I’ve been trying to make a 100 x 100 mm square and just simply it does’nt results square, I tried everything, I changed my tubes, I printed the xz-main part again, I cut the y plates again and nothing works, please help. I think that the error are on the way that the tubes join to xz main, but I tried to correct them and it is simply impossible

Jeffeb3
    Participant

You have two motors driving the X axis (or maybe it’s Y on your machine, IDK). Before you turn that axis on, those two need to be square. Clamp some blocks, one at each end, so when the gantry is pulled against them, the gantry is square to the X axis. Then start the motors with them pulled against those blocks. My table is very square, so I clamp some boards to the front of my table and pull the gantry to the front before making a movement. Then they will stay square unless they skip steps.

I don’t know enough about the LR2 mechanics to get those parts square naturally. Maybe someone else can chime in about that, but even if they do tend to stay square naturally, you’ll want the mechanical solution.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Ryan
    Keymaster

As Jeffeb3 says, make sure your ziptie blocks are square to your table (mine were off by two thicknesses of masking tape) then start against them every time. You can not power up in the middle of the table.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.