My mpcnc project!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brandon 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Brandon
    Participant

If the Z axis is dropping due to the program ending, there are two possibilities:

1. Check under settings, text, program end to see if there’s a command that drives it to Z=0 (something like G00 Z0 F480).
    2. Ryan’s firmware by default will keep the steppers energized for 10 minutes following the last command. So if you waited too long, then it is possible the steppers deenergized and the weight of the z assembly caused it to drop.

As a PSA, you shouldn’t leave it unattended when running; several others have had bad experiences leaving their CNC unattended when running, like starting a fire.

I have a camera setup on it now so I can monitor it. Setting up the camera was on my to do list but I was being lazy…

Right after it’s done cutting it goes back to zero starting location and drops or shuts off power to the Z stepper. I will have to look tonight for the settings on end.

Any idea what bit they are using here?

The way each star is cut

Ryan
    Keymaster

V bit

Brandon
    Participant

V bit

This one or larger?

1/8" 45 Degree Carbide V-Bit

Ryan
    Keymaster

That will work. I use it all the time.

Brandon
    Participant

I made a few of these last weekend… and when the kids saw them I had to make more. 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Ryan, BT

Ryan
    Keymaster

Awwww poop!

Brandon
    Participant

Here is the enclosure I’m building for my MPCNC. I think I want to add another piece of particale board on the sides as well to help with noise. The back has particle board on both sides already.

When it comes to dust, should I just run the hose to the dust shoe? Is that enough when it’s totally enclosed?

Brandon
    Participant

So I tore apart my MPCNC since I wanted to update it with Burly parts. It was a good time to print all the other parts as well.

I’m currently using EMT and 23.5 parts. Can I keep all of my 3D printed pieces and purchase stainless? What size would I need?

Burly…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Brandon
    Participant

I’m currently too lazy to change the size of the other photos so that’s the best photo I can do for now.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’m currently using EMT and 23.5 parts. Can I keep all of my 3D printed pieces and purchase stainless? What size would I need?

Nope, all different. I mean you can keep the locks, legs and feet and swap out the rest with stainless and stainless sized parts but…

You just got everything together, you didn’t wanna break it in a little more first?

Brandon
    Participant

Nope, all different. I mean you can keep the locks, legs and feet and swap out the rest with stainless and stainless sized parts but…

You just got everything together, you didn’t wanna break it in a little more first?

I was depressed seeing it all tore apart. 🙂

My MPCNC had some parts that were white. I’d already printed the burly parts and I decided to make it 24 x 32ish so that I can cut a full 24 inches. I think my max right now is 16 inches of cutting space.

This time around I took care not to over tighten the bolts and crack parts or make it so that the bearings couldn’t turn etc.

Looks amazing black and red.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.