My MPCNC made in China

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC My MPCNC made in China

This topic contains 362 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That looks like an awesome space. I have a strong desire to use 2020 type rails for something, but I never have enough need to justify the price. I need to find a way to get them for free like Dui!

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

That looks like an awesome space. I have a strong desire to use 2020 type rails for something, but I never have enough need to justify the price. I need to find a way to get them for free like Dui!

Hehe, yeah I was quite lucky on that. Don’t use 2020 though, it’s way too small so that won’t be sturdy at all, use at least 4040 or 3030 if it’s for some light load application.

Apparently it’s way more expensive in the US than in China, from what I can see on Amazon. One meter of thick 4545 profile costs around 20 bucks, while it’s usually around 7 or 8 here… I can understand your hesitation now, thats more than 500 bucks worth of extrusions just for the frame of my miter saw station…

I’ll soon get a new batch of fresh 4545 extrusions, possibly around 100 meters in total. Still don’t know what I’ll be doing with that but that will leave a lot of possibilities!

Try to discuss with people owning factories, they often use profiles to build temporary stuff like benches, jigs or fixtures, and sometimes they don’t need them anymore and don’t want to go through the hassle of disposing of them. They will happily give you the profiles for free or for a reasonable price. 🙂

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I just call the whole group 2020.

Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.