My build is underway -Suburbs of Detroit, MI

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC My build is underway -Suburbs of Detroit, MI

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Pollman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Pollman
    Participant

My DIY CNC machine is underway. I’m printing the final two printed parts. They will be done in about six hours. It’s gonna be approximately 128 hours print time. I’ve already started assembling the basic frame components. This is gonna be fun!

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Welcome, you are on the home stretch now.

1 user thanked author for this post.

John Pollman
    Participant

Made some progress today. I’m gonna hang it up for the day and pick it up again tomorrow.

Attachments:

MegaDad3D
    Participant

Looking good. I really like the color of your printed parts.

John Pollman
    Participant

Making good progress. My steppers will be here tomorrow. The one on the midsection right now is just for mock-up. It’s a lot of work, but I’m having a blast!

Attachments:

John Pollman
    Participant

My steppers and Dewalt 660 will be here tomorrow. I just ordered a full RAMBO board because I’d like dual end stops. I’ve got a LOT of learning to do, but that’s half the fun! 🙂

John Pollman
    Participant

Worked my butt off today. I built this workbench for my CNC. The electronics came in today too. So I can start wiring it tomorrow. I’m going to build a nice big drawer for it too.

I love this stuff!

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

Gross it is sooo clean. Soon it will be nice and dirty.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Christopher
    Participant

John…

I’m in Ypsilanti and work in Taylor. It’s kind of fun to see other people in the area working on this! 🙂
    I’m working slowly but surely on this. Still not 100% sure what router/rotary-tool/spindle that I’ll end up using.

I’m generally going all cheap for the time being so I’m using the Ramps 1.4 board. I suspect that this is only the FIRST CNC/Router-Table that I’ll be building. hehe

Have fun tomorrow!

John Pollman
    Participant

Wiring is finally underway!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.