MRRF 2018, Ideas?

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic MRRF 2018, Ideas?

This topic contains 166 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  K Cummins 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 151 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That’s cool. The ‘I’ definitely looks like my grandpa’s handwriting though. Is that the cardboard surface?

dkj4linux
    Participant

I thought it looked more like *my* hand-writing… 71 years will do that to you. Not sure really… the “I”s in “ENGINEERING” are slightly different and all the linework is [to me] alarmingly “shakey” in close like that. That is some heavy cardboard from a mattress box… but it seems smooth enough to not be the culprit. But maybe…

20180405_141134

David Rabbit
    Participant

Maybe try your laser burning on some Masonite?ย  That stuff is very smooth.

Ryan
    Keymaster

The Lulzbot touch screen experiment panel finally arrived.

I just looked through the files to get this working….yikes. I think I will need to shelf it for a bit. There is a lot to digest in there. I think I can get it working but it might be one hell of a rabbit hole once I get started if it doesn’t work right away.

Tim
    Participant

IMG_20180326_1958102

IMG_20180326_1958282

I used a 0.3mm pen and I think it could still be nicer if it didnโ€™t bleed so muchโ€ฆ.But super stoked with the results.

Anyone wanna try the gcode, it is dual endstop starting with the pen at the surface (I started a bit higher as the Z was set for 1mm)

Is there an image file this came from? I have something in mind I want to do…

Ryan
    Keymaster

I swear I have the files for the 2019 MRRF linked somewhere, DXF and Gcode.

Tim
    Participant

I swear I have the files for the 2019 MRRF linked somewhere, DXF and Gcode.

Yeah I saw the DXF. Was wondering if it was based off of a SVG or some file with colors or shading.

Ryan
    Keymaster

No, I pulled the DXF from solidworks ISO view. I am not sure what type of file I can get with color other than the renders I have up already.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Is the 2019 one any different? I am going to make this and frame it at some point…

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hmmm, not sure it does say MRRF2019 on it though. So if it is going on a wall maybe the 2018 is the better one.

Tim
    Participant

Hmmm, not sure it does say MRRF2019 on it though. So if it is going on a wall maybe the 2018 is the better one.

I don’t see a dxf. I downloaded the zip file in the post i quoted and it’s a .e10 file. What in the world is that?

oh, it’s estlcam.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Tim.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I do not see a way to export it. Here are the two dxf’s I used.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Ryan.
    Attachments:
    1. 2019dxf.zip

Ryan
    Keymaster

Kinda funny I have permission to upload any file type….even I get spam filtered.

Tim
    Participant

Kinda funny I have permission to upload any file typeโ€ฆ.even I get spam filtered.

lol, I was like… there ain’t no file attached!

Thanks!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It’s for our protection, really. ๐Ÿ™‚

David Walling
    Participant

Itโ€™s for our protection, really. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll trust my shop with his machine shoving a spindle running at 20,000 RPM from tearing it up, but I don’t trust my laptop with a zip file from his website ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

K Cummins
    Participant

Itโ€™s for our protection, really. ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™ll trust my shop with his machine shoving a spindle running at 20,000 RPM from tearing it up, but I donโ€™t trust my laptop with a zip file from his website ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Trust has got to be earned, man… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 17 posts - 151 through 167 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.